Book Club Kits
The Journey Home
by Olafur Johann Olafsson
Print this page
Email this list
1. What compels Disa to return to Iceland?
2. What did you think about Disa's relationship with Jakob? How did his death change Disa's life?
3. In "The Journey Home" the chapters alternate between Disa's present and flashbacks to her past. What did you think of this style? How did the flashbacks to her years in Iceland help you understand her story?
4. What kind of relationship do Disa and Anthony have? How is it different from her relationship with Jakob?
5. Disa has a child with Atli. How does the birth of her child affect her? What kind of relationship does she have with him?
6. How is Disa's journey home about more than just returning to Iceland? Is there another kind of 'home' she's looking for?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides