Book Club Kits
The Sheltering Sky
by Bowles, Paul
Print this page
Email this list
1. Why does Port make the distinction between a tourist and a traveler? Why is this difference important to him? Do you agree with his definitions, and his assessment of which he is?
2. Why do the Moresby's decide to travel in the Sahara? Why does Tunner join them? Do you understand their choices?
3. What are your impressions of Kit and Port's relationship? Why did they stay together, despite their infidelities? How does Port's death affect Kit?
4. What were Eric and Mrs. Lyle doing in the desert? Did you believe what they told the other characters about their relationship, and their plans?
5. What were your impressions of Belqassim? How does his relationship with Kit develop, and what effect does it have on each of them?
6. What is "The Sheltering Sky" of the title?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides