Book Club Kits
The Women of Brewster Place
by Naylor, Gloria
Print this page
Email this list
1. Each of the women faces a significant loss or hardship. How do they come to terms with their problems? Do some handle them better than others?
2. How do the women relate to each other? How does the community they form help them with the events in their lives?
3. Many of the women of Brewster Place have moved from the South. How are their lives different in the North? What is the same?
4. Which of the women did you find most compelling? Which did you relate to the most, and the least?
5. Why do you think Lorraine kills Ben? How do the other women respond to this?
6. What is the significance of the end of Brewster Place? Can it be seen as a metaphor for other changes in the lives of the women?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides