Book Club Kits
Your Blues Ain't Like Mine
by Campbell, Bebe Moore
Print this page
Email this list
1. Why does Delotha send Armstrong to Mississippi for the summer? What does she hope will happen to him while he's there?
2. Do you think Lily Cox is responsible for Armstrong's death? Could she have done anything to prevent what happened?
3. Why does Clayton alert the national press about Armstrong's murder? What does he think will happen because of his actions? Does he get the response he hopes for?
4. The novel is set during the Civil Rights era. How does the community of Hopewell, and the rest of the nation, change during these years? Could what happened to Armstrong happen in the Hopewell of the end of the story?
5. What were your impressions of Floyd and Clayton? How do their relationships with their fathers affect the choices they make?
6. What is the meaning of the title of the book?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides