Book Club Kits
The First Part Last
by Johnson, Angela
Print this page
Email this list
1. Bobby has many difficult choices to make. Do you agree with his decisions?
2. Is Bobby a good father? Why, or why not?
3. Why did Bobby graffiti the wall? Why does he say "I got to find the baby's face?"
4. Are Bobby's friends supportive of his new lifestyle? Is his family supportive?
5. If nothing had happened to Nia during the birth, do you think Nia and Bobby have decided to raise Feather together?
6. What does it mean to you to "live the first part last?"
7. The author tells the story using flashbacks. How does this technique help or hurt the storytelling?