Book Club Kits
by Shusterman, Neal
Print this page
Email this list
1. Describe Everlost. Is there anything particularly unusual? did anything strike you as particularly clever?
2. Do you identify more with Nick or with Allie in how they react to the stress of their new situation?
3. What motivates Mary Hightower to have her charges follow routines? Why is the McGill such a monster? How does your knowledge and opinion of these characters change throughout the story?
4. "In Everlost, all fortunes are true." What does this mean? Can the Afterlights in Everlost create their own destiny?
5. What would be the worst part about being an Afterlight in Everlost? The best part? When they discover the secret to leaving, why does Nick delay 'getting to where he's going' and others leave as soon as they can?
6. Who is the chocolate ogre? And what happened to create the chocolate ogre?