Book Club Kits
Al Capone Does My Shirts
by Choldenko, Gennifer
Print this page
Email this list
1. Moose feels that it is really unfair that he has to constantly change his plans to take care of Natalie. Do you agree? How do you think his parents should have dealt with the situation?
2. Alcatraz was supposedly safer than San Francisco because all of the criminals were already behind bars. Would you have felt safer living there?
3. Who is AZ 105? What do you think happened between Natalie and him? Why is this relationship important to her?
4. Why does Piper constantly bend the warden's rules?
5. How does Natalie change throughout the story? Why do you think she gets better?
6. Moose and Piper do not get along for most of the novel. What happens to bring them closer together?
7. Moose's mother insists on saying that Natalie is only 10 years old. How does this affect the way people treat Natalie? How does it affect the way their own family behaves?
8. Why do you think Al Capone helped Moose?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Gennifer Choldenko's website