Book Club Kits
The Body of Christopher Creed
by Plum-Ucci, Carol
Print this page
Email this list
1. What do you think really happened to Christopher? Did he runaway, commit suicide, or did something else happen?
2. Why is Torey so determined to find out what happened to Christopher? How is Torey's reaction to Christopher's disappearance different from that of his friends?
3. Why did people dislike Christopher so much? If you knew Christopher, how do you think you would react to him? Do you know someone who reminds you of Christopher? How is this person treated by others?
4. How are Bo and the other "Boons" viewed by the students and the community? Why? Is there a group of students at your school that you think are misjudged or treated unfairly?
5. How do you think Christopher was affected by his mother and her parenting style? Why did Mrs. Creed insist that Christopher was murdered? Do you feel sorry for Mrs. Creed? Why or why not?
6. Ali tells Torey, "Everyone around here has a secret." What did she mean? What is Torey's secret? Do you agree that everyone has a secret?
7. Why do you think Christopher lied about Renee in his diary? Do you think he believed his own lies?
8. What really happened to Torey in the cave? Did he truly see a ghost? How did Torey make sense of his experience?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Online discussion guide