Book Club Kits
Romiette and Julio
by Draper, Sharon
Print this page
Email this list
1. Have you read or seen Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet? How is the story of the original play the same or different from this story?
2. How would your friends and classmates react if you dated someone from a different ethnic, social or economic background?
3. Malaka really wants the members of the Devildogs gang to accept her. Why do you think that is?
4. Luis Montague forbids Julio to see Romiette, but Julio continues to see her. What would you do if you were in Julio's shoes?
5. Do you like Nanette Norris? Why do you think her character appears in this story?
6. Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet ends tragically, while this story has a happy ending. What do you think of this ending?
7. Do you think this story is realistic? Do people really talk and act the way characters in the book do?
8. Many adults in this story worry about predators in chat rooms and on the Internet. Do you think their fears are valid, or do you think they're overreacting?