Book Club Kits
Tears of a Tiger
by Draper, Sharon
Print this page
Email this list
1. Ms. Draper uses newspaper articles, conversations, prayers and homework assignments to tell this story. Do you like this method of telling a story? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Andy's sentence for drunk driving was fair? Why or why not?
3. Why does Andy decide not to turn in the poem he wrote for his homework assignment? (p. 63)
4. Only Keisha knows how badly Andy feels about Robbie's death. Why do you think Andy shares his feelings only with her?
5. Do you think any of the other characters in this story--Andy's friends, parents, teachers and psychologist--really understand who Andy is and how he feels?
6. Andy's teachers, guidance counselors, parents and friends all expect him to act a certain way. How do you think their expectations affect him?
7. Why does Ms. Draper show and tell us show much about Tyrone and Rhonda's relationship?
8. Did Andy's suicide surprise you? Do you think anybody could have stopped him from committing suicide?