Book Club Kits
The Kite Runner LARGE PRINT only 7 copies
by Hosseini, Khaled
Print this page
Email this list
1. The friendship between Amir and Hassan is a central part of "The Kite Runner." What events put the most stress on their friendship? How do you think it was able to survive through the years?
2. What is the significance of the kite running tournament? How do events at the tournament change Amirs relationship with Baba?
3. Were you surprised that Assef grew into the man Amir met again when he returned to Wazir Akar Khan?
4. Soraya and Amir both have complicated relationships with their fathers. How do they manage these relationships?
5. Amir and Baba come to America as immigrants. Do you think their experiences were typical of new immigrants? Was anything about their life in America unique to their being from Afghanistan?
6. Were you familiar with the culture and history of Afghanistan before you read "The Kite Runner?" What did you learn about that part of the world from this book?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides