Book Club Kits
Touching Spirit Bear
by Mikaelsen, Ben
Print this page
Email this list
1. Why do you think Cole is so violent? Where did he learn it from? How can he break this cycle?
2. What is your opinion of the Native American Circle? Is that a fair way to deal with problems? If you got in trouble, would you want to go through one?
3. Cole starts carving a totem. What animals or symbols would be on a totem you created to represent yourself?
4. At what point in the novel do you think Cole starts to take responsibility for his actions?
5. Do you believe in the spirit bear?
6. How does the attack by the spirit bear change Cole?
7. One theme that runs throughout this book is that everything in life is a circle. Where do you see that in the book? Do you believe in that in your own life?
8. How is the Cole who leaves the island different from the Cole who arrived on the island?