Book Club Kits
Hole in My Life
by Gantos, Jack
Print this page
Email this list
1. What did you like best? Least?
2. What is the significance of the title?
3. This book was a Printz Honor Book, meaning it was considered one of the very best books of the year. What is it that makes it stand out?
4. What is significance about the voice / point of view of the book?
5. Gantos talks about this book being a cautionary tale: how so and for whom?
6. How does Gantos weave in the importance of books and writing?
7. Is this a biography, memoir, or is it another genre: the life snapshot?
8. How would have this story been different as a teen novel?
|Additional discussion questions from: