Book Club Kits
by Scott Westerfeld
Print this page
Email this list
1. Who is Zane? Why didn't he become a Special like Tally and Shay?
2. After seeing Zane, Tally wonders if part of becoming Special includes special lesions that make everyone else seem "pathetic." Do you think she is right? Why or why not?
3. Why do you think Zane keeps challenging Tally to 'rewire' herself, to think herself out of being a Special? Why is it so important to him?
4. Who met up with Zane and the Crims after they escaped from New Pretty Town? How does he know Tally? How is he involved with the New Smoke?
5. What do you think it means to be beautiful? Why is it so important in Tally's world? Do you think it's important in our society? Why or why not? If you could change anything about your appearance, what would it be? Why?
6. Why do you think an entire city would join the Smokies? How is Diego different from Tally's city?
7. What happened to Zane? Why couldn't the doctors save him? How did Zane's death change Tally?
8. Why did Tally go back to face Dr. Cable on her own? What would you have done in her place?
9. How did Tally use the cure David gave her to stop the war? How did the Special cure change Dr. Cable? How did Maddy's cure for Pretty-ness change Tally's city?
10. What did Tally decide to do, once the war was over and she was free? What would you have done in her place?
|Additional discussion questions from: