Book Club Kits
The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl
by Lyga, Barry
Print this page
Email this list
1. Fanboy says there are three things he wants in this world more than anything, two that he will tell you and one that he will not. Can you think of three things you want more than anything? Would you tell anyone what they are?
2. Fanboy gets bullied pretty badly at school. How does he react? Would you react in the same way?
3. Fanboy's one friend before he meets Goth Girl is Cal. How does Cal treat Fanboy? Do you think he is a good friend? Why or why not?
4. Goth Girl has a very colorful personality and an extreme view of the world. Do you like her? Do you think she is good for Fanboy? Why or why not?
5. Fanboy seems to be toying with the idea of violence, either toward others or toward himself. Did you think he would actually become violent? Does Goth Girl help him to get past these thoughts or does she encourage them?
6. How do Fanboy's mother and step-fascist relate to him? Would you want to be a part of his family?
7. Fanboy puts much time and energy and emotion into his graphic novel. What does his novel mean to him? Do you think he will become a successful author?
8. Were you surprised by the ending of this book? Why or why not?