Book Club Kits
Julie and Romeo Get Lucky
by Ray, Jeanne
Print this page
Email this list
1. Julie and Romeo Get Lucky is a sequel: did you read the first book? If yes, did the second meet your expectations? If no, would you have preferred reading the books in order?
2. Ray based her Julie and Romeo books on Shakespeare's classic play. What does this story have in common with the original Romeo and Juliet?
3. Julie and Romeo are keeping their relationship a secret from his mother. If you were in their situation would you keep the secret or confront his mother?
4. The movie "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" is ever present through this novel. Have you seen the movie, or read that original book? Why do you think Ray refers to it so often in the book?
5. Julie becomes burdened with the responsibility of caring for many adults. Did you consider her a saint or a martyr?
6. Many different personalities are featured in Romeo and Julie Get Lucky. Which character did you most relate to and why? Which characters did you like the most? Were you reminded of people that you've met?
7. Were you surprised when Sarah won the lottery? Do you agree with the way the family chose to use the money?
8. How did you react to the appearance of Julie's ex-husband Mort? Do you think that he was entitled to some of the lottery money?
9. Do you think Ray should write a third Julie and Romeo novel? If she does, will you read it?