Book Club Kits
The Known World LARGE PRINT
by Jones, Edward P.
Print this page
Email this list
1. Before you read "The Known World," did you know that some freed slaves actually became slaveowners? Why does Henry become a slaveowner?
2. How does William Robbins impact the lives of Henry, Augustus, and the other characters?
3. Why does Caldonia struggle to maintain the estate after Henry's death?
4. As Jones introduced characters in the story, he often told what would happen to them, so the reader knows their fate before the events actually take place. What did you think of this technique?
5. What is Moses' role in the story? How does his character change and develop throughout the story?
6. What is the meaning of the book's title, "The Known World?"
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides