Book Club Kits
Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World
by Weatherford, Jack
Print this page
Email this list
1. Why do you think Genghis Khans legacy is usually typified by violence and terror? Why are his other contributions often forgotten?
2. What do you consider Genghis Khans most significant social or cultural contributions in the communities he conquered? Which of our modern practices do you think can be reliably credited to Genghis Khan?
3. How have your impressions of history changed as a result of reading this book?
4. To what do you attribute Genghis Khans success? Why was he able to amass his empire so quickly?
5. How does Genghis Khan compare with other world leaders, past or present?
6. Why do you think Genghis Khans death occurs so early in the book? What did the author accomplish by not placing his death at the end of the narrative?
7. Consider Genghis Khans personal and family interactions. How do these relationships add to our understanding of Genghis Khans whole character?