Book Club Kits
The Red Tent
by Diamant, Anita
Print this page
Email this list
1. In "The Red Tent" the reader sees Dinah from her childhood to the end of her life. What were your impressions of Dinah's life?
2. What did you learn about the lives of women and their role in society during this time period? What was the primary role and duty of children?
3. Dinah has 12 brothers. Is she treated differently by her father and his wives? How does she fit into the family structure?
4. Jacob has 4 wives, each with a unique relationship with him and with the other characters. Which of his wives did you like the best? The least?
5. Throughout her life Dinah travels to different places and experiences several cultures. How are the places she visits different from each other? What does she learn from her travels?
6. Did "The Red Tent" make you want to learn more about other women in the Bible?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides