Book Club Kits
The Lonely Polygamist
by Udall, Brady
Print this page
Email this list
1. What were your views on polygamy before reading the book? Did they change after you finished reading?
2. Discuss Goldens progression from lonely polygamist to social polygamist. How does a renewal of faith assist this transformation?
3. Trish is one of the most conflicted mothers in the novel. What do you think of her decision at the end? Was it the right thing to do?
4. How has the family changed at the conclusion of the novel? Do you think they are happy with their decisions?
5. Discuss Rose-of-Sharons reaction to Rustys accident. Do you think you would have reacted the same way if you were in her place?
6. What is the effect of polygamy on the women in the novel? How do you think their lives and personalities would be different if they werent in a polygamous relationship?
|Additional discussion questions from: