Book Club Kits
The Weird Sisters
by Brown, Eleanor
Print this page
Email this list
1. Which sister is your favorite? Why? Which sister do you most identify with? Are they the same character?
2. Each of the sisters has a feeling of failure about where she is in her life and an uncertainty about her position as a grown-up. Are there certain markers that make you an adult, and if so, what are they?
3. In what ways are the sisters problems of their own making? Does this make them more or less sympathetic?
4. How does the Andreas family deal with the mothers illness? How would your family have coped differently?
5. The sisters say that We have always wondered why there is not more research done on the children of happy marriages. How does their parents love story affect the sisters? How did your own parents relationship affect you?
6. The narrators mother admits that she ended up with the girls father because she was scared to venture out into the world. Yet she doesnt seem to have any regrets. Do you think there are people who are just not meant to leave home or their comfort zone?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides