Book Club Kits
by Sullivan, J. Courtney
Print this page
Email this list
1. If you had to choose one word to describe the overriding theme of Maine, what would it be?
2. What was Alice's motivation for changing her will? Why did she wait so long to tell her family?
3. What role does alcohol --- and alcoholism --- play in the novel? How do the characters use alcohol (or abstain from it)?
4. What did you think of the revelation about Mary's death? Was Alice right to blame herself?
5. What kind of mother do you think Maggie will be? Who will she take after most: Alice, Kathleen, or Ann Marie?
6. Which of these women would you like to spend more time with? Are there any you'd never want to see again?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides