Book Club Kits
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
by Wells, Rebecca
Print this page
Email this list
1. What did you think of the Ya-Yas? Which character did you like the most? The least?
2. Religion plays an important role in the lives of the characters. Why do you think Wells chose to have religion play such a central role?
3. Personal growth and change are central themes in this book. Which characters struggle the most with this in the story? Do they all succeed?
4. How does Vivi's childhood impact her as an adult? Which issues from her childhood trouble her the most?
5. What is Wells trying to tell readers about the relationships between mothers and daughters? Do you agree with her?
6. Have you seen the movie version of this book? Were there differences in the movie version that changed Wells story?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides