Book Club Kits
The Man in My Basement
by Mosley, Walter
Print this page
Email this list
1. Why do you think Anniston Bennet chooses to serve time in Charles' basement as punishment?
2. What role does the race of the characters play in the story? Would this story be different if both characters were of the same race?
3. What role do Bethany and Narciss play in the story? What did you think of their relationships with Charles?
4. Through their conversations, Bennet and Charles learn a lot about each other and about themselves. How do these conversations change them?
5. At the end of his time in the basement, Bennet has a request for Charles which Charles does not honor. Why do you think Charles didn't do what Bennet asked? What does this say about Charles?
6. Did Bennet's time in Charles' basement pay for his crime?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides