Book Club Kits
The Shadow of the Wind
by Ruiz Zafon, Carlos
Print this page
Email this list
1. Why do you think Zafon made Daniel a young boy, and not an adult? What can a child bring to this story that an adult could not?
2. Why is Lain Coubert trying to destroy all of Carax's books and all traces of his life?
3. What did you think of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books? What do you think happens to books that people are no longer reading?
4. What did you think about what happened to Penelope and Julian at the Angel of the Mist?
5. Why did Zafon set the story in postwar Barcelona? How does the setting and time period affect the story?
6. What is the meaning of the title? Who or what is the "The Shadow of the Wind?"
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides