Book Club Kits
Brave New World
by Huxley, Aldous
Print this page
Email this list
1. Do you think Huxley's vision of the Brave New World has come true? Are there areas where his predictions were accurate?
2. How does Huxley's book reflect the time in which is was published, in 1932? What events were happening in the world at that time that could have shaped his ideas about what the future would look like?
3. What were your impressions of Utopia? What were the positive aspects of life there? Would Utopia be an easy place to live?
4. Why do you think John was drawn to Shakespeare? Why do you think Huxley chose that author to inspire John?
5. What did you think of the relationship between Bernard and Lenina, and John and Lenina?
6. "Brave New World" is often assigned to high school and college students. Why do you think instructors choose this book as an assignment? If you read the book when you were younger, were your impressions different?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides