Book Club Kits
Of Mice and Men
by Steinbeck, John
Print this page
Email this list
1. The characters in "Of Mice and Men" share a dream, which they repeat often to each other. What does this shared dream mean to them?
2. The characters in this story are mostly loners and drifters. Why does Steinbeck choose this group of people for this story?
3. What is the role of Curly's wife? Why do you think Steinbeck didn't give this character a name of her own?
4. Why doesn't Slim share the dreams of the rest of the group?
5. Why was the dog shot? What did this mean to each of the characters?
6. Why do you think George shot Lennie?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides