home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the year of secret assignments /
The year of secret assignments
Jaclyn Moriarty
Teen Fiction MORIART

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

amoeba said:
SUCH a good book, written in letters, school penpals, secret assignments
posted Aug 23, 2010 at 11:10PM
kb4444 said:
I loved this book! It's told through the letters, diaries, and notes of three friends and their penpals. It's incredibly entertaining and I couldn't stop reading it!
posted Apr 5, 2009 at 11:00AM
This book was AMAZING! It was unique by how it was written out it has great funny charecters and has realistic relasonships between teens.
posted Aug 29, 2008 at 12:47PM
The writing style of this book is what makes it stand out from others. The content of the book is “written” by characters in diaries, journals, letters, notes and even court proceedings! It’s amazing that the story is told so well this way.
posted May 30, 2008 at 4:47PM
gIrLgOeSsHoPpInG said:
This is just a fun, fast read! The characters were funny and I really enjoyed it.
posted Feb 18, 2008 at 10:11AM
ydoucare? said:
one of the best books i've read!
posted Aug 10, 2007 at 4:24PM
chicagojane said:
*tehe* great read
posted Jul 23, 2007 at 7:21PM
Heba said:
I really like this book. Jaclyn Moriarty is one of my favorite authors I read like 3 of of the books she wrote, and they all were good. My favorite was this one though! You will really like it if you read it!
posted Jul 10, 2007 at 11:25PM
Heba said:
posted Jul 10, 2007 at 11:25PM
Moriah said:
Thios was an amazing book! I love her writing style: it makes you feel like you're really there! I didn't want it to end, because you feel like you really know the characters.
posted Jun 26, 2007 at 6:30PM
jojo7464 said:
This book is awesome! It was really hard to put down, and I love how you see everyones point of view on things like love, highschool, family, and friendship. It is definitely a comedy!
posted Mar 18, 2007 at 12:44PM
Allie said:
I really loved this book. It has 6 people involved and everyones point of view. Its about two schools and a pen pal project between them. It does get confusing but you should give it a chance and I think you will like it.
posted Feb 9, 2007 at 4:25PM
Olive said:
This is an outstanding book! Read it! Definitley one of my favorites because it’s so clever and well written. I’d recommend it to everyone.
posted Jul 16, 2006 at 9:53AM
jennie said:
its got reallly boring and long but it was still good.
posted Jul 12, 2006 at 2:54PM
Elizabeth said:
This book is amazing! It's all about an average life of school only better. There's rule breaking, notes, pen pal program, secret missions, romance, heart breaking, and more. There are guys and girls point of view so it could be for anyone to read.
posted Oct 28, 2005
Viktoria said:
It was really good! I'd definatly read it again. If you get confused with multiple characters then i don't reccomend this book
posted Oct 3, 2005
Mary said:
I thought this boook was great becuase it showed friendship,respect, and tough problems.
posted Jul 27, 2005
Amy said:
I really liked this book, it was about some girls and in English class they have to write and be pen pals with kids from another school. It is sort of predictable but it is still good. It's a really girly book in my opinion!
posted Jul 2, 2005
Jenny said:
This was such a great book. these two schools have to be pen pal with eachother and they have nothing in common, or so they think. It's a great read with love, betrayl, suspense, and emotion. Also it was probibly the funniest book i've ever read. seriously, i would be in science, and i would take this book out after i finished my test, and 5 minutes later the people around me would look at me like i was crazy cuz i was laughing so hard (but then again, i laugh at everything). dffenitly 5 stars
posted May 16, 2005
Kit said:
This is probably my favorite book. It is a great story told all through letters, notes, and emails. Four best friends have an English assignment to write to their opposing school. They each get paired up with four boys. This story has mystery, suspense, friendship, romance, comedy, and lots of trouble. I LOVED this book, and I would recommend it to anyone!
posted Aug 5, 2004