home > bookspace > my comments > comment: fruits basket. volume 1 /
Fruits basket. Volume 1
Natsuki Takaya
Teen Fiction TAKAYA

Comments  Summary  Reviews

It was actually this volume that made me cry, so you can just read this and be done.
posted Sep 17, 2012 at 3:04PM
Anime love said:
so good! you will be hooked on it!
posted Aug 22, 2012 at 12:17PM
AWWWWWWWWW!!!! boys should know, it's not good to fight over a girl TOO MUCH...
posted Aug 21, 2012 at 7:43PM
23 Volumes
posted Aug 10, 2012 at 9:09PM
Neon_Ninja said:
This was my first manga and now a year later im a manga lover!thank you Fruits Basket!
posted Jun 18, 2011 at 4:18PM
Mangacat said:
I love this one! you really get pulled into the characters lives.
posted Jun 11, 2011 at 12:00PM
Mangacat said:
This is one of the first manga I read, super sweet, super funny, great story, it grabs you and you keep reading, One of the best mangas i’ve read!
posted Jun 11, 2011 at 11:43AM
It’s such a touching story if you like adorable heartwarming stories you should definitely read this its one of the many best by the way my favorite character is Kisa >_
posted Feb 24, 2011 at 6:36PM
Avatar for xxAnimeprincess28xx xxAnimeprincess28xx said:
Fruits Basket is my sec fav my first is Shugo Chara. BUT YUKI IS MY FAV CHARACTER And i kept reading until volume 15. OMG I REALLY LOVE THIS BOOK. I really want everyone to read it beacause the first time i read this book i fell in love with it. >_
posted Sep 5, 2010 at 7:00PM
omg i love fruits basket! the manga is good and so is the anime! you should watch it if you havent! there are 26 episodes! the manga goes further than the anime but the anime is still good!
posted Aug 2, 2010 at 6:16PM
hi guys i all ready read all the books all i need to see are the episodes hope you keep on reading:)
posted Jul 26, 2010 at 2:45PM
Tia said:
i have the dvds i like this anime alot like Naruto the books arent the same as the dvds
posted May 24, 2010 at 5:12PM
This is definitely also one of my favs!! Its so cute, yet it has an amazing story that can get sad. It makes me laugh one moment and then cry the next....if you like manga..READ this!!
posted Sep 1, 2009 at 7:46PM
This book was okay but I actually thought is was a little boring but I’m guessing its because I saw the TV show. Now to the forth!
posted Feb 2, 2009 at 4:37PM
This was a great second book. Its a pretty easy read I finished it in one day. Now to the third!
posted Jan 31, 2009 at 11:51AM
This was an amazing book although a little slow to me because I saw the TV show but still it was great. The first of the sereies so now on to the second.
posted Jan 30, 2009 at 6:18PM
elvensong said:
I usually find that any given manga has one thing it is really good at, and many other things it is lacking... but Fruits Basket has it all. I honestly think it is one of the best series I’ve read so far. I was surprised I liked it so rabidly, as I usually I like the martial arts manga best, and the feminine offerings in this genre have not really grabbed me until now. A couple of the stand out elements of Natsuki Takaya’s work are 1) I’ve never seen a manga artist manage fabric the way she does. I know it seems like a small thing, but her grasp of that art is exceptional. 2) her characters move so naturally and so reliably that it is startling if she gets a position even a little bit off and 3) her story just plain rocks. It’s got heart, drama, humor and wisdom in a perfectly calculated ratio. I have the highest respect for this series, and the best part is that she’s got over 20 volumes out. I can’t wait to finish the whole series.
posted Jan 21, 2009 at 4:38AM
thanks for putting manga on the list!! :D manga rules
posted Nov 6, 2008 at 1:26PM
What makes Fruits Basket great is the depth in the characters, their personalities’, and that there is almost always something new revealed in each volume (plus it’s funny). And the drawing style rocks 8P
posted Oct 23, 2008 at 2:40PM
I love this series so much!! i also have the TV show and that’s great to!!
posted Oct 20, 2008 at 7:09PM
nou-vang-gurl94 said:
hey ya i dont remember what volume i am at but i love fruits basket!!!!!!!!!
posted Oct 4, 2008 at 3:05PM
soo sweet i am now at vol. 5
posted Aug 10, 2008 at 6:04PM
fruitsbasket44 said:
I just love this book! one of the best books i’ve ever read.
posted Jul 1, 2008 at 4:28PM
Joshlynn ^_^ said:
I just finished the first book of the series, I can’t wait to get the next one! It’s awesome.. so far ;D
posted May 29, 2008 at 1:19PM
silly_rabbit718 said:
Awwww... she likes Kyo. I LOVE the series!!
posted May 1, 2008 at 7:16PM
the_chibin said:
this is one of the best frikin manga’s in the world! and you’re hearing a critic talk! XD anyway tohru and kyo get together... this spoiler is from the last book in the series...
posted Jan 17, 2008 at 8:16PM
GuessWhooBoo said:
Kyo and Haru are the best characters. I like how everyone just puts their trust into Tohru.
posted Dec 31, 2007 at 1:26PM
Naruto fan said:
Kyo looks so HOT!!!!he is so dreamy to^_^
posted Nov 11, 2007 at 9:40PM
book_obsessed2 said:
This series is what shojo manga is all about!! If you read nothing else, then make sure you read this. It's a about an ancient family curse on the Sohmas and the one person outside of the family who knows the secret. It's hilarous and heartbreaking and totally worth it. They don't call it the best shojo manga for nothing.
posted Oct 18, 2007 at 1:15AM
AshleyW_2009 said:
its the best manga out there i never stop reading them and i cant wait for the new one to come out its always something new going wrong and its a blast to watch kyo and yuki fight and kyo is the most amazing hot one in the books
posted Oct 9, 2007 at 7:37PM
wackygirl/MANGA said:
I love Fruites basket and i know you will to!!!!! Read this manga it is so ausome!!!!!!!!
posted Aug 21, 2007 at 2:01PM
dancycandy81 said:
Part of an awesome series, and is read in Japanese manga-style (right to left). Lots of romance, haunting pasts, and plot twists in later books.
posted Aug 3, 2007 at 4:10PM
said:
I love this book!~ Everyone should read it~
posted Jul 12, 2007 at 3:53PM
Julia Morkrid said:
I thought this was a GREAT book!! If you are an anime lover and you enjoy a good read, this is the book to choose. It is a book made by Natsuki Takaya. It has really good pictures and is very enjoyable. This book is about a girl named Tohru Honda, and she ends up moving into the Sohma family. She is the only normal person who knows about the Sohma family curse. Now Tohru is helping the Sohmas, but she may face some problems on the way. There may also be some hidden care, or maybe even hatred between the Sohmas and Tohru. This book is really good, so if you like these kinds of books, it’s a great read.
posted May 24, 2007 at 3:14PM
Demonshia said:
The is a great book. It is appealing to both guys and girl. Any guy that reads this is the coolest. This series is mainly about Tohru Honda, an orphan girl who stumble onto the Sohma family secret. The main story line is about Tohru Honda helping heal the Sohma's from the abuse they have faced while dealing with her own doubts and insecurities.You see this later on in the series though. In the first few books she seems like an insanely pure, goody two shoes but see later on why is like that. This is by far the best book I've ever read even if it is a manga you should definately check this book out.
posted Apr 30, 2007 at 5:28PM
Bambam said:
its so dramatic and kinda sappy but I still like it!
posted Apr 3, 2007 at 2:09PM
katiechan said:
I am crazy about Furuba (that’s it’s fan name!) and can’t wait for new ones!
posted Feb 14, 2007 at 9:49AM
zita3000 said:
First off, I want to say Fruits Basket totally rocks! It’s a little sad though, but what really kept me going is the romance. I always ends up wondering who Tohru is going to be with. Is it the always flustered Kyo or the cool-looking Yuki?
posted Jan 27, 2007 at 5:30PM
Clintisha said:
I really loved the animation and the sad story.
posted Jul 12, 2006 at 5:33PM
[Icy.Wings] said:
I love love love this book!! The characters are so unique they’re funny!! The curse, the Sohma’s and everyone fit into the storyline. Go Takaya-sensei!! Keep writing/drawing them!!
posted Jun 6, 2006 at 4:01PM
[Icy.Wings] said:
I love this manga!! It was my first ever long-series manga that I truly loved. The curse, the Sohma’s, and Tohru, everyone in this story fits in so perfectly! There’s a balance of humor along the lines of the dark reality too. I love this manga soooo much!! I can’t wait for the next one. I’d definetly recommend this!
posted Jun 6, 2006 at 3:55PM
Emily said:
these books are really, really good!! they're a little bit weird,though. they're about this one orphan girl who meets the sohma family. some members of the family are cursed and turn into one of the zodiac animals when hugged by someone of the oppisite gender. it's funny and written in the manga style. (manga is japanese and you read it differently)
posted May 24, 2005
Katherine said:
This book has an odd storyline, but is deffinietly a good book. The main character, Tohru, is supposed to stay with friends while her grandpa remodeles their house, but instead she desides to live by herself in a tent. One day she stumbles opon the Shoma house and finds out their secret. In this book, the first of the series, you get to know the importsnt characters well and each character in this book is uneque. I would reccomend this book to anyone who is interested in Japanese magna, or just wants a funny little something to read.
posted Nov 19, 2004
Katherine said:
this is the exciting second book of the Fruits Basket series. In this book the school is having a cultural fair and we see a deeper side to Tohru and Kyo. We are also introduced to some more new characters and learn a little bit more about the mysterious Akito. Let's not foregt the cross dressing..., but you'll have to read the book to find out more. I reccomend this book to anyone who likes the Fruits basket series, and please, don't read this one before the first!
posted Nov 19, 2004