home > bookspace > my comments > comment: dragon rider /
Dragon rider
Funke, Cornelia Caroline
Children's Fiction FUNKE

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

Rishitha Reddy said:
This book is so fun that i always wanted to read it.The book started by a dragon that was going to find the dragonsthat were hiding and there were many more dragons that were left behind. So the dragon named Firedrake went to find the dragons that were hiding in someplace known as the rim of heavens.Along the way he meets some friendly and some dangerous anmimals. They were humans and a Basilak known as the darkest night mare,mountain dwarves, faries, homunculus and many more. When he finds the Rim of Heaven on the highest mountain he was told that they were hiding from the golden one
posted Jun 3, 2010 at 12:21AM
My favorite book in the whole wide world!!
posted Apr 5, 2009 at 8:47PM
Jessie said:
i really enjoyed this book. It was exciting and it also had a very good ending. I think that Cornelia Funke is a very good author. She i an amazing writer! I want to read her trilogy Inkheart.
posted Jun 25, 2008 at 4:50PM
Jessie said:
posted Jun 25, 2008 at 4:50PM
dancycandy81 said:
Ben, Sorrel, and Firedrake journey to find the legendary Rim of Heaven, to save Firedrake's group of dragons.
posted Aug 3, 2007 at 4:28PM
Ryan said:
This book is about a boy who is found by a dragon in search of a place where all dragons will be safe forever. This is good book for people ages 9-12 who like adventure and long books.
posted Jul 12, 2007 at 12:04PM
Ryan said:
posted Jul 12, 2007 at 12:04PM
Anime said:
I liked the pics, A Cornelia! A
posted Feb 19, 2007 at 10:57AM
Anime said:
Really good fantasy. I like the drawings in the book. Great work Cornellia, lets have tea again sometime...haha JK (just kidding on the tea part)
posted Feb 18, 2007 at 10:09PM
Rina said:
out of a 10!!!!!! ( If thats possible?!!!!!!!!)
posted Jan 28, 2007 at 6:02PM
Connor said:
I love this book!!! i recommend it for fans of inkheart and fantasies.
posted Jul 31, 2006 at 2:31PM
Connor said:
I love this book!!! i recommend it for fans of inkheart and fantasies.
posted Jul 31, 2006 at 2:31PM
annika said:
It wasn't as good as Cornelia Funke's other books. I didn't like the animals could talk. But it was good. It is about a boy called Ben, a dragon called Firedrake, and a brownie called Sorrel who set out to find a place where dragons aren't bothered by humans. They meet many people along the way as they travel all the way to the Himalayas, even evil.
posted Jul 18, 2006 at 10:06AM
Christina said:
Do you like books about dragons, or magical creatures? If so, this is MOST DEFINETLY the right book for you! This book is about a dragon who must protect his famileyends from the The Golden One (an evil dragon who's scales are pure gold). The only way to pretect them is by going to an enchanted place where they are protected from the golden one. While on the way he runs into a sea monster, a perky little mouse, a cranky rat and many more magical creatures. You are missing out if you don't read this book!
posted Jul 27, 2005
Justin said:
Dragon Rider is a excellent book.It's about a boy who meets up with a dragon and a brownie.They go on a quest to find the rim of heaven.
posted Mar 18, 2005 at 10:46AM
Chris said:
This book is a MUST READ! It tells the story of a boy a dragon and a brownie(cat)who setb of on a remarkable journey. It is a very good book!!
posted Feb 24, 2005 at 5:00PM
Emily said:
Really fun book! I liked it alot. It was funny and adventurous. :) If you like fantasy books, you'll like this one!
posted Feb 14, 2005
Kyleigh said:
The book Dragon Rider was really good. If you like fantasy, you'll really enjoy it, I know I did! Some people get intimidated just because of the book's size but I encourage you to read it anyway! It has a lot of adventure and traveling in it because a dragon has to go out in the world in search of lost dragons and a last safe place for the dragons he is with. He is looking for the Rim of Heaven that is a mysterious place that no one knows much about and nobody has ever found. But the dragon doesn't let that discourage him as he goes on his way meeting new creatures, people, and problems along the way. Dragon Rider is a really cool book! Also, Cornelia Funke has written other books like The Thief Lord and Inkheart which are very good. Overall, Dragon Rider is a very good book and not very complicated to read (word wise), it is really cool (it even has a fold-out map inside that I think is neat)! I hope you enjoy it!!
posted Oct 4, 2004