home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the time traveler's wife /
The time traveler's wife
Audrey Niffenegger
Adult Fiction NIFFENE

dahje said:
this book is an all time favorite its actually the first book i read 6 times over and over again. It has a very humorous sort of speak into it. I also highly recommend this book.
posted Nov 6, 2010 at 12:52PM
Ted's Review said:
I agree that this book has it all: a unique story line (time travel), great characterization all in a well-edited, well written story. This was really fun to read and I didn’t want it to end. I highly recommend this book; it’s definitely a winner.
posted Jun 20, 2010 at 7:53PM
Claire Abshire is passionately in love with Henry De Tamble. She’s known him since she was a girl. When she meets him again as a young woman in Chicago, Claire is ready to begin the romance of her life. But there’s a catch. Henry has a rare genetic condition that causes him to become displaced in time at moments of stress. He suddenly finds himself decades in the past or future, naked and alone, with only the younger or older version of himself in on the secret. The Henry who Claire meets in Chicago hasn’t traveled back to her childhood yet. So he’s confused when beautiful, intelligent Claire approaches him, but certainly intrigued and definitely attracted. The romance of their lives does indeed begin—it just takes a few more years for Henry to catch up to their first meeting. The nuances of Henry’s time traveling are intricate, but richly and delicately narrated in turns by Henry and Claire as they pursue their relationship in the past, present, and future. And despite the complexities of that relationship, the story is always told with heartfelt sincerity and emotion, not to mention a cast of finely-drawn characters and a few surprising twists and turns. The book is a best-seller and a film adaptation is a major motion picture; ultimately, The Time Traveler’s Wife is a classic love story.
posted Dec 30, 2009 at 4:01PM
mtheskp said:
I loved this book too. I am afraid to see the movie though since they do not always follow and often destroy the plot line. Highly recommend
posted Oct 26, 2009 at 12:52PM
Jenny said:
This book is THE best book ever!! It is number one on the New York Times best seller list, and is very interesting and amazing!!!!! I love this book so much. The movie is not that great, especially compared to the book, but it is ok.
posted Oct 18, 2009 at 5:38PM
Jenny said:
posted Oct 18, 2009 at 5:38PM
funnywuzzy13 said:
I bought this book awhile ago, before the movie was announced. I hadn’t though twice about it, being busy with other things. When the movie came out, I figured I would read it before seeing the movie. This is possibly the best book I have ever read. I am 16, and I adore reading to no end. I have read many, many good books in my lifetime. However, I don’t think I have ever read a book that was as well-written as this one. It was full of description and emotion and left me feeling so utterly satisfied, I can’t even explain. If you are looking for an amazing read that you’ll probably spend the whole day reading, this is it.
posted Sep 4, 2009 at 2:04AM
I'd never done this before; after reading the library copy I ran out to buy it! Love this book!
posted Dec 28, 2008 at 10:46AM
ReadingMom said:
I agree wholheartedly with the others who commented. The characters are very real - complete with flaws and frialties. The story is fascinating. I am incredibly impressed at the author’s ability to weave a story while one character ages in the traditional way, while the other gets younger as the book plays out. It sounds so very strange, but the author pulls it off incredibly - I’ve recommended it to everyone and am SO thrilled that one of my book clubs is now reading it. It’s the last book my mother in law recommended to me before she passed away, so it has an even deeper meaning for me. I can’t recommend it strongly enough!
posted Jul 24, 2007 at 8:01AM
Jane-L said:
Loved it. HANDS DOWN the best I've ever read. It's not even really a sci-fi, more of a love story. I couldn't put ot down! FANTASTIC.
posted Jul 16, 2007 at 11:37PM
10...This is quite possibly the best book I have ever read in my past, present, of future!!! It is a must read and get your own copy cause you won't want to part!!!
posted Jul 5, 2007 at 7:17AM
First book I had to buy immediately after reading the library copy.
posted Feb 20, 2007 at 8:40PM
suzyq said:
This was a great book! Hard to put down. It makes you think about what could happen if time travel was possible. Makes you think! Good Read! Sue
posted Sep 6, 2006 at 12:54PM
Gina said:
I loved this book. It's one of those stories where you get so attached to the characters, you don't ever want to put the book down. It's so fun to read because there aren't many books like it. It's a really unique story line about this man who travels back in time, and each time he meets the same woman who he falls in love with. This story is about all the hardships they go through to see eachother and to be together. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a good love story.
posted Jul 5, 2005