home > bookspace > my comments > comment: once upon a marigold /
Once upon a Marigold
Jean Ferris
Children's Fiction FERRIS

booklover455 said:
This is your perfect romance story. The author perfectly captures the love for the main characters in this book.
posted Feb 24, 2011 at 3:49PM
LovePeaceRockNYC! said:
I’m totally going to read it after your summary tonkapinky!
posted Oct 16, 2010 at 7:20PM
probablynarnia said:
I really love this book. I don't know what else to say.
posted Sep 23, 2010 at 10:08PM
tonkapinky said:
This book is about a young boy who runs away from home when he is 6 years old. A troll finds him and raises him in his cave home. As he gets older he notices that a very pretty princess lives in the castle across the river. He begins to send her letters by pigeon and soon after that he gets a job at the castle. You'll have to read it if you want to know the rest!!!
posted Jan 4, 2010 at 6:44PM
joonaslover1234 said:
I have question about the book what ever happened to the queen did she die did she take over the kingdom or what?
posted Aug 17, 2009 at 5:00PM
cady said:
i love this book! it is amazing!best book ever!!!!!!!!
posted May 30, 2009 at 10:42AM
emma 01 said:
this book is filled with romance, friendship, and so many other mixed feelings! I LOVED it!
posted Feb 15, 2009 at 1:03PM
I love this one! A light, romantic fairy tale! Easy reading. Still, a great book!
posted Sep 30, 2008 at 9:08PM
Anais said:
I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! this freaking book! its so romantic and cool how christian saved marigold!!
posted Jun 24, 2008 at 4:34PM
Avatar for KidLinks librarians KidLinks librarians said:
What do you do if you’re a common boy who lives in a cave with a troll, but secretly in love with a princess you’ve only seen through a telescope? If you are Christian, the hero of our tale, you send her p-mail (that’s pigeon mail) until she too starts to fall in love with you. So what do you do when your lovely princess is going to be forced to marry someone she doesn’t love? If you are Christian, you get a job at the castle and foil any plots which would take the Princess Marigold away. To join Christian in this fairy tale love story, pick up “Once Upon a Marigold.”
posted Jan 31, 2008 at 11:50AM
Nicole said:
I really liked it! I even did a report on it and got a A. I think every girl should read this book!
posted Oct 19, 2006 at 3:19PM
Nicole said:
posted Oct 19, 2006 at 3:19PM
Jessica said:
I thought it was really really really good especially the part when christian almost dies & Marigold saved him and when they're running around the castle & send p-mails to each other. (the "P" stands for pigeon because that's how they mailed their mail & letters) this is my most favorite book in the whole WORLD!!! this is the most wonderful & greatest book in the world if you love fairy tales with happy endings. I give this book an infinant number of stars!!!!
posted Feb 9, 2006
Brianna said:
This book is a super-duper cool fariy tale about a boy named Christian, who lives in the forest with a his foster parent. It is also about a young princess Marigold with a curse on her. Christian sent p-mails (pigeon mail) to the beautiful princess. When Christian applies for a job at the castle their paths cross and disaster strikes. This book is by far the very best fairy tale I have ever read. If you love fairy tales with happy endings this is the perfect book for you. I give this book a *******.
posted Feb 9, 2006