home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the book of three /
The book of three
Lloyd Alexander
Children's Fiction ALEXAND

Comments  Summary  Excerpt  Author Notes

An awesome, suspenseful book that you are going to want to read!
posted Aug 27, 2013 at 11:41AM
Long Lake Library staff said:
The beginning of the adventures of Taran, the Assistant Pig Keeper who wants to be a hero, and his friends. The entire series is filled with rich characters and humor and a real sense of good vs. evil (No cartoon villians here). You don't have to be young to enjoy this classic series of books.
posted Apr 22, 2013 at 4:49AM
justinwalker78 said:
My son loved Harry Potter, so I’ll definitely check these books out for him! He goes through books so quickly, I’m always looking for new suggestions! He just finished The Obsidian Pebble by RA Jones (http://www.rajonesauthor.com/) and really enjoyed it.
posted Apr 4, 2012 at 11:36AM
Caleb said:
Tobin, an Assistant Pig Keeper, goes on a magical adventure on a quest to find an oracular pig.
posted Jul 1, 2011 at 1:53PM
Caleb said:
posted Jul 1, 2011 at 1:53PM
Sean said:
This book is about a boy named Taren. He is told to watch a pig and don't let it get away because it is a magical pig. The pig runs away but Taren chases it into the forest. I liked this book. It is a good adventure.
posted Jun 25, 2010 at 8:40AM
Sean said:
posted Jun 25, 2010 at 8:40AM
One of the best books ever!!! The characters are real and the plot works. It’s written in an older style that flows beautifully xD
posted Mar 22, 2010 at 7:03PM
This is a very good book. There are five books in the series.
posted Mar 26, 2009 at 10:36PM
This is a great book and if you like series there are five books in the series. ****
posted Feb 18, 2009 at 5:54PM
It's not very good at the beginning. It's also kind of confusing. The sequels are really good, though.
posted Sep 21, 2008 at 2:10PM
cookbookangie said:
This is one of my favorite books of all time! My 5th grade (this was 1978) teacher read the series aloud and I have reread it several times since then. I am a library media specialist in a middle school and love recommending this series---the kids LOVE it as much as I do!
posted Aug 1, 2008 at 6:57AM
matthew said:
The book of three is the best book ever. It kept me reading i could not put it down. I really reccomended this book. [Series: Chronicles of Prydain #1]
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM