home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the miraculous journey of edward tulane /
The miraculous journey of Edward Tulane
Kate DiCamillo
Children's Fiction DICAMIL

This was read to me when I was in fourth or fifth grade. I remember it being both very exciting and very good.
posted Jun 13, 2013 at 8:23PM
mirandaleximb said:
it is a great book i love it
posted Apr 21, 2012 at 3:37PM
Edward Tulane is a beautiful, hand-crafted, china toy rabbit, a doll who is adored and cared for by a little girl named Abilene. Abilene loves Edward almost as much as Edward loves himself; he is, after all, a truly wonderful specimen, and as such he can’t be bothered with any emotion more serious than concern for his extensive wardrobe. But when this very vain bunny takes a tumble over the side of an ocean liner while the family is on a voyage, he embarks on a world of adventure. From the bottom of the ocean, to the net of a humble fisherman, to the backpack of a cheery hobo, to the arms of an ill little girl, Edward Tulane, rabbit extraordinaire, slowly but surely learns to love. But the lesson is painful—everyone Edward loves is eventually lost to him. As his heart (and the reader’s) breaks again and again, Edward is once again in danger of becoming a cold, distant rabbit. This elegant little fairy tale, with its shades of The Velveteen Rabbit, is an achingly beautiful story of loss and love told by master storyteller Kate DiCamillo and illustrated in sepia tones and muted color plates by Bagram Ibatoulline. Their collaboration truly brings The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane to life.
posted Jun 22, 2010 at 1:31PM
Booklover2 said:
This is one of my favorite books. It's the wonderful story of a china rabbit and how he learns to love, to lose and to love again. It will just pull at your heartstrings.
posted Jul 25, 2009 at 4:49PM
Booklover2 said:
This is one of my favorite books. It's the wonderful story of a china rabbit and how he learns to love, to lose and to love again. It will just pull at you heartstrings.
posted Jul 25, 2009 at 4:42PM
Booklover2 said:
This is one of my favorite books. It's the wonderful story of a china rabbit and how he learns to love, to lose and to love again. It will just pull at you heartstrigs.
posted Jul 25, 2009 at 4:41PM
Annie1 said:
It's a fabulous story about a china rabbit that learns to love and care.
posted Aug 9, 2008 at 11:11AM
Anne said:
It's a great book about a China rabbit named Edward.
posted Jul 24, 2008 at 8:13PM
Anne said:
It's a great book about a China rabbit named Edward.
posted Jul 24, 2008 at 8:13PM
dribblingsam said:
Edward is a very inspiration bunny.
posted Jun 23, 2008 at 2:07PM
Katie said:
I LOVED IT! It is so sad when he gets thrown of the ship!!!!
posted Nov 24, 2007 at 2:35PM
Katie said:
I LOVED IT! It is so sad when he gets thrown of the ship!!!!
posted Nov 24, 2007 at 2:35PM
Whitney said:
I think it is an awsome book i love books like that cause they are so adventureuse. I might go to the Library and Check out The book Tiger Rising. Like every body has read that book and says it awesome. i need to read it. Those Mercy Watson books are funny. And i love pigs. You are my Faveoite Aurthor in the world i want to meet you. Your so AWESOME. Right now in School im reading The Wanderer it good to but not as good as your books. I wish you could come to my school it would be so cool. Well i got to go bye- Whitney
posted Sep 16, 2007 at 2:11PM
Whitney said:
posted Sep 16, 2007 at 2:11PM
iagat10 said:
This is one of the best books I have ever read. I would recommend this boook to fourth and fifth graders. If you are going into fourth or fifth grade read this book!!!!!!!!!
posted Jul 23, 2006 at 9:08AM
milynn60 said:
This is a very good book!!!!!!! A good life values book to share with any child(of any age) in your life. We adults can learn from the lessons put forth in this lovely book!!!!!
posted Jun 6, 2006 at 8:23AM