home > bookspace > my comments > comment: new moon /
New moon
Stephenie Meyer
Teen Fiction MEYER

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

This is the second book of the Twilight series. While I thought the first was one was ok, I disliked this one immensely. Not only were the characters simple and obvious, but the entire plot was depressing. If I wanted to read a depressing book, I would just go read a unfiction murder mystery, not a vampire romance book with irrational characters. Saying that, the book was better then the movie, and that’s just saying how bad the movie was.
posted Feb 12, 2012 at 3:25PM
Heba said:
This is Part two from the Twilight series, I don't think its as good as part one. I love they brought Jacob's character more alive. He becomes a wolf this time. So now its vampires mixed with wolves, you'll have to read it to see how that works!!
posted Jun 25, 2011 at 9:57PM
Heba said:
posted Jun 25, 2011 at 9:57PM
mrfluffy11 said:
i like it better than the movie because it gives you more details.
posted May 15, 2011 at 9:59AM
Evelyn M-A said:
I have not finished the book, I love the storyline. But if you are someone who loves good literature, this is not the book for you! Last year I finished the Harry Potter books. The writing was awesome! After that I read Twilight. The writing was not nearly as good! Fun Fact: J.K. Rowling won a children’s literature award!! So I also recommend Harry Potter!!
posted Dec 19, 2010 at 11:28AM
Critic Girl said:
OMG this book is kind of the same thing as twilight was. except it was with werewolves. plus bellas depresion was sooooooooo boring. this book was OKAY.
posted Jul 29, 2010 at 4:44PM
Aqeela said:
this is a good book but when Edward leaves Bella it’s very sad but i love the edward and felix fight.
posted May 11, 2010 at 3:03PM
tytytytyty said:
this is a great book but the book is way better than the movie!!!!! :)
posted Jan 6, 2010 at 4:20PM
Both movies are exciting and wonderful!!!
posted Nov 21, 2009 at 7:39PM
Hannah :) said:
its NEW MOON. Its Great but sad. most important its new moon. You HAVE to love it.:D
posted Oct 19, 2009 at 10:56AM
athenacullen said:
this one, not so great a book... (but it's still part of the series)
posted Sep 27, 2009 at 4:19PM
awsome im on book nuber 3
posted Aug 27, 2009 at 6:04PM
Evie said:
Yeah, I know you've all read this but this is a great book! Probably, though, the only reason I like it as much as I do is because it's part of the "Twilight" saga and I'm hooked. It's very sad. "New Moon" is my leaast favorite book in the saga.
posted Aug 4, 2009 at 2:55PM
Gracie2111 said:
I love this series!!!!!!!!
posted Jul 13, 2009 at 2:38PM
Beth said:
I really enjoyed reading this book. Stephenie Meyer really has a style of writing that captures emotion and makes the reader understand. There is a lot of suspense and action, especially at the end. I would recommend this book to everyone who has read the first book. As for anyone who hasn't read the first book, read it. You will not regret it. You will simply want more...
posted Jul 8, 2009 at 11:50AM
Beth said:
posted Jul 8, 2009 at 11:50AM
edwardlover11 said:
i HATED this book!!!!!! it was officaly the worst book in the series!!! next to breaking dawn!
posted Jun 18, 2009 at 12:54PM
71972306LLmoonbug11 said:
This one starts off a little slow, but still a good book.
posted Jun 17, 2009 at 12:07PM
Aug3Foot93 said:
Jacob is WAYYYYY better than edward. In New Moon (Movie) his shirt is OFF!!! OMG...that’s hot. Anyway Twilight saga is a good series.
posted Jun 16, 2009 at 3:28PM
Pablo said:
OMG IT IS HE BEST BOOK. EVER EDWARD IS SOOOOOO CUTE. I AM SO JEALOUS OF BELLA. I LOVE EDWARD
posted Jun 1, 2009 at 3:44PM
Pablo said:
posted Jun 1, 2009 at 3:44PM
Shelby,Shelby said:
Who said 2 books can't be equally good? I think so. Stephenie Meyer has done it again in this fantastic sequel to Twilight. Bella fuigures that Jacob a.k.a Jake is a warewolf after a movie in port angles. ANY GIRL 10 OR OLDER SHOULD READ THIS BOOK! I STARTED THE BOOK ON MONDAY AND I FINISHED IT ON WEDNESDAY! IT WAS SO GOOD!
posted May 22, 2009 at 10:27PM
Vampfreak said:
New Moon is........ok.I much luvved Twilight a little better. I like Jacob, but Edward is sooo the right one for Bella. It had 2 much focus on Jacob rather than Edward! Anyways, still a great book overall!!!!!! (ima Twilight Freeeek)
posted May 13, 2009 at 9:42PM
scamper125 said:
Second book in the Twilight saga. not as good as the first one...
posted Apr 5, 2009 at 8:49AM
kb4444 said:
love love love it!
posted Mar 27, 2009 at 3:47PM
tomonster said:
Wonderful
posted Mar 24, 2009 at 2:50PM
LOve it! IT is sad but awesome! I totally reccommend this book!
posted Jan 1, 2009 at 5:28PM
I cried. It's so sad. Yet, so good.
posted Dec 28, 2008 at 1:11PM
Pearlyeon111 said:
I love this book but I hate it at the same time. I love Edward Cullen. I didn’t want him to leave!
posted Nov 15, 2008 at 9:36AM
Avatar for death with a kiss death with a kiss said:
Its a great thrilling read! every vampire lover will love this book! i think that even some adults.
posted Nov 5, 2008 at 3:51PM
sydney said:
SOMEDAY I WILL MARRY EDWARD CULLEN!
posted Nov 3, 2008 at 10:57AM
Kenda said:
This is a continuation of Twilight and I was NOT disapointed! It was just as good if not better then Twilight! If you've read twilight you will love New Moon with its suspence. Trust me, it will keep you up at night worrying for Bella and trying to solve her problems in her head! You better read it!!!
posted Oct 13, 2008 at 5:17PM
Howe said:
This book made me cry. I read this books faster than anything. I didnt sleep for 3 days reading these books. But i was thankful that i was reading the sad part at 4 am! i was crying and nobody was awake to notice. you really start to appriecate Jacob in this book, he is a great friend.
posted Oct 8, 2008 at 10:08PM
jokergrrl said:
omg!!! i totally love this book!!!! every girl who likes romances/supernatural stuff should read this.
posted Sep 12, 2008 at 4:27PM
This book is good like all of Stephanie Meyer’s books and this one will make you want to keep reading until you find out how it turns out in the end
posted Aug 18, 2008 at 12:56AM
pandoraslocker said:
I actually thought this book was even better than the first-more unexpected twists. I also liked how the other weaved other well known stories into this one-particularly Romeo and Juliet.
posted Aug 9, 2008 at 5:38PM
Elise said:
I thought this book was awesome! It is just as good as the first book. First it was vampires and now it's vampires and warewolfs. This book is full of adventure twisted in with an extra bite.This book makes you want to keep reading and reading. I would say that this is one of those books that keep you on the edge of your seat.
posted Jul 24, 2008 at 9:44PM
Elise said:
posted Jul 24, 2008 at 9:44PM
Emma said:
This book is absolutely amazing. Meyer spins this story more like a severed artery, the pain and depression is very realistic. She describes a great friendship between Bella and Jacob. With a happy ending this truly is a classic
posted Jul 16, 2008 at 11:25AM
Emma said:
posted Jul 16, 2008 at 11:25AM
chocoholic said:
Book Two.
posted Jul 10, 2008 at 1:40PM
As New Moon, the sequel to Twilight, begins, a bloody incident at Bella’s 18th birthday party forces Edward to conclude that, as a vampire, by his mere nature his presence is dangerous and that he’s compromising her safety. Edward and his family leave town and Bella is devastated and spends several months despondent before finding new companionship in Jacob, a family friend. But she is surprised and hurt when, after a few months, Jacob also begins acting strangely.

New Moon doesn’t quite measure up to Twilight, but it’s an enjoyable read. I’m still not convinced that Bella and Edward are actually in love – Edward seems to be influenced more by Bella’s “scent,” and Bella by Edward’s glamour, though I suppose if they’re both happy, what’s the difference? I’m looking forward to Eclipse.

Ms. Meyer acknowledges both Muse and My Chemical Romance as inspiration for this book. How cool is that?
posted Jul 7, 2008 at 8:38PM
softball_luver14 said:
I just about cried in this book because it was a huge shock! I'm not saying anything more or else I'll give it away!
posted Jun 30, 2008 at 3:45PM
BookLove123 said:
This is my least favorite out of all of them but its still great!
posted Jun 29, 2008 at 8:30PM
Jacob needs to get a life, but it is sad when Edward (dont read this next part if u havnt read it yet) leaves
posted Jun 23, 2008 at 6:29PM
BellaSwan said:
After an accident at Bella's 18th birthady party, Edward figures that he's too dangerous for her and moves away. Bella has to spend all her time with Jacob Black. But at the end, Edward comes back with a promise that he will never leave her again.
posted Jun 13, 2008 at 7:08PM
HUSSAH dancing magic potatoes said:
New moon. I didn't like this one as much...but i still liked it. Make sure you read Twilight before this one. And make sure you read it.
posted Jun 13, 2008 at 3:03PM
Taylor said:
This book is the sequel to Twilight and its very hard to put down just like Twilight was. It tells about Bellas adventures to save Edward. I can't wait until Breaking Dawn comes out in August. I truley love this series. THe way the author wrote the book and the idea is great! I don't know how you could ever think of it.
posted Jun 13, 2008 at 12:39PM
Taylor said:
posted Jun 13, 2008 at 12:39PM
newmoonlover said:
I don't like Jacob. I really think Bella should choose Edward over him. I know she would, I know I would. This book is also amazing!!!!!! The best book I ever read in my entire life! Way 2 go Stephenie Meyer! Oh, and I also can't wait for the movie on Twilight on December 12, 2008!!!!
posted Jun 10, 2008 at 1:32PM
bookworm3.14 said:
This is a glorious book and I think it is the best book ever written but seriously don't try to get it through the library it takes FOREVER. so I finally just bought it glad I did . I read it like once a month!
posted May 27, 2008 at 4:51PM
Avatar for hinda_mizztwilightfreak hinda_mizztwilightfreak said:
the 2nd book of the twilight series, though not as good as twilight. Edward leaves after an accident at Bella's b-day party which is really sad cuz Bella has to spend all her time w/ Jacob. i was glad when Edward came back.
posted May 26, 2008 at 5:15PM
silly_rabbit718 said:
GREAT!!!!
posted May 1, 2008 at 7:30PM
read the first got the read the second. same with the thrid.
posted Apr 5, 2008 at 2:58PM
mariposa said:
I love this book. is the best book.I ca not wait until the fourth book comes Im sure is going be the best
posted Mar 28, 2008 at 11:08AM
svunnatider said:
I think that the second book was the best one. I cried almost all the time when Edward was gone, and to see Bella so broken was horrible and so real.
posted Mar 27, 2008 at 9:37AM
gIrLgOeSsHoPpInG said:
The second book in the Twilight Series (see Twilight below). This is a really good book, but really sad and it broke my heart. It's not as good as the first book (Twilight) or the book that follows it (Eclipse) but is still really good.
posted Feb 18, 2008 at 10:08AM
crazy4liife92 said:
book #2 in the amazing series thats the twilight series...
posted Feb 4, 2008 at 3:50PM
i think that this book is really good but i was upset when edward left.:( but all in all i love this book. i have read it so many times.
posted Nov 19, 2007 at 9:16PM
mustang21 said:
The Twilight series is so realistic it almost makes you believe the "monsters" in the story are existant in our world. Love, murder, and the will to go on bring this book to a top spot on my list.
posted Nov 11, 2007 at 9:13PM
Shannon14 said:
ABSOULUTELY AMAZING!!!! I CRIED SO MUCH AND WAS IN SEVERE DEPRESSION WHENEVER I READ ABOUT BELLAS HEARTBREAK. amazing. and while edward has my heart i really enjoyed jacob (even more in eclipse)
posted Sep 4, 2007 at 5:12PM
ToTaLEcLiPsE said:
im excited to read eclipse! these are THE best vamp books ive read...almost as good as harry potter ill say. this one is filled with so much pain tho, its sad yet it all lead to a better ending i think
posted Sep 1, 2007 at 4:21PM
ANK13 said:
Great sequel to Twilight! I really loved how much excitement was in this boook. I could really say I felt like Bella! I also love the sequel to New Moon, Eclipse!!!
posted Aug 22, 2007 at 7:12PM
Krystal said:
This book is an awesome!!!! I will warn you though, I’ve never felt so much pain in my life before. Its best this book in one sitting, otherwise life can feel pretty crappy
posted Aug 14, 2007 at 1:18AM
dancycandy81 said:
Teenage love, a vampire boyfriend, and a police chief dad. What more could you wnat? Well, maybe the fact that your boyfriend has got a very scary plan...that doesn't involve you. Sequel to Twlight; next book in the series, Eclipse, coming out soon.
posted Aug 3, 2007 at 4:17PM
VampGODDESS said:
the Sequel of the BESt book ive ever read! Soon comming Aug.7th Eclipse
posted Aug 3, 2007 at 2:53PM
chicagojane said:
*silence*
posted Jul 23, 2007 at 7:20PM
Inshehar said:
I really enjoyed reading this book. I think anyone interested in love and horror should read this book. You'll really liked it!
posted Jun 27, 2007 at 9:14PM
Inshehar said:
posted Jun 27, 2007 at 9:14PM
DeRone said:
This is one of my favorite books. It has romance, horror, a bit of comedy, and drama. If you like vampire books, read this one.
posted Jun 24, 2007 at 4:23PM
DeRone said:
posted Jun 24, 2007 at 4:23PM
Emily said:
This terrfic book, sequel to the bestseller Twilight, is action packed and very detailed. The book continues the relationship of the now 18 year old Bella Swan and her true love, vampire Edward Cullen. When a accident occurs at Bella's birthday party, Edward rethinks his actions and leaves Bella. Bella's life takes a major turn, and her only comfort is an old family friend, Jacob Black. But when she finds out a secret about Jacob that threatens her relationship with both him and Edward, she realizes she has to pick a side. And with an angry vampire hunting her down, she must do it fast. This book is amazing, and the plot makes you want more. The characters are very relatable, and you can feel every emotion along with them. I enjoyed this book very much, and I know that people who like sci-fi, vampires, and romance will too.
posted Jun 22, 2007 at 12:28PM
Emily said:
posted Jun 22, 2007 at 12:28PM
volleyball girl said:
i can say that i honesty like the first book twilight the best but don’t get me wrong i like this book to.
posted Mar 12, 2007 at 3:52PM
Jenni said:
OMG!!!!! This was the best book in the universe! It made me want to cry, but the romantic parts were amazing! I totally call Edward for myself!!!!!!!!
posted Feb 22, 2007 at 3:40PM
Sarah said:
New Moon is one of the greatest books of all time! It is about a girl named Bella who is strong in her relationship with the good vampire, Edward. When Bella turns 18, she gets a party with Edward and his "family" of other good vampires. But when Bella gets a papercut tearing off wrapping paper on her present, everything goes wrong. This is a wonderful book for people who like romance and action. It is a terribly sad book, too, and let's you have a good cry. I would recommend this book to all teens!!!!! (New Moon is the second book in Stephenie Meyer's series)
posted Dec 9, 2006 at 2:12PM