home > bookspace > my comments > comment: island of the blue dolphins /
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Scott O'Dell
Children's Fiction O'DELL

Comments  Summary  Excerpt  Reviews

Avatar for Brookdale Library Staff Brookdale Library Staff said:
Grade 5 and up. Karana, a young Native American girl, is accidentally left behind by her tribe when they flee after an attack by Aleutian hunters. Karana lives alone for 18 years on the tribe's former territory, an Island off the coast of California.
posted Jul 29, 2013 at 2:20PM
Fiona said:
I know that this book won the Newbery Award but I just thought that it was ssssssssooooooooo boring! It was slowly paced and nothing exciting ever happened. If you are considering reading this book here's my piece of advice for you: DON'T!!!
posted Apr 24, 2013 at 5:35PM
Fiona said:
posted Apr 24, 2013 at 5:35PM
Really for teens, but a great book. Evil fish, wild dog dens...it’s great.
posted Aug 10, 2012 at 8:46PM
Matthew said:
it was a really cool book because it was adventurous and had choices you would think about yourself it was just a phenomenal read.
posted Jun 10, 2007 at 7:26PM
Matthew said:
posted Jun 10, 2007 at 7:26PM
Brianna said:
This book is terrific!! It's about a girls life living on an island with her family and the struggles they go through. Whem I started reading it I thought that it was going to be boring. GUESS WHAT!?....I was wrong. Read Island of the Blue Dolphins. [Newbery Medal Winner]
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Ethan said:
This book makes you feel very lonely, if you imagine yourself to be where Karana (the main character) is. Scott O'Dell has some pretty good books. [Newbery Medal Winner]
posted Jun 23, 2005
Brianna said:
This book is great. It's about a girl and her brother left on an island all alone. They come across some problems. Read this to see if they surrvive and if they ever get of that island. Trust me you won't be disapointed in this book.