home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe /

Aliza said:
I would reccomend this book because it lets you forget about reality and enter tue world of narnia.
posted Jun 11, 2013 at 3:36PM
If you’re reading the Chronicles of Narnia books I would suggest reading them in chronological order (the history of Narnia, not the order in which he wrote them). The order is: The Magician’s Nephew; The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe; The Horse and His Boy; Prince Caspian; The Voyage of the Dawn Treader; The Silver Chair; and the Last Battle.
posted Aug 10, 2012 at 8:50PM
Julianna Torelli said:
This is the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia and anybody who likes fiction stories with evil witches and talking animals would LOVE this book.
posted May 21, 2012 at 7:14PM
Great Book!
posted Mar 31, 2010 at 6:32PM
tomonster said:
This is a very good movie and a good book. I Have read this whole series 20 times in a row. That’s how good it is.... Read....... Over the Summer check out the Narnia series......
posted Jun 11, 2009 at 8:12AM
Tenzin said:
It was a very spell-binding fantasy and it had many twists and turns of all kinds. There is only one fault in Mr. Lewis's book, there are very few humurous parts. And while kids like myself love to laugh, I'm not very sure to reccomend this book to kids in elementary school.
posted Jun 10, 2009 at 12:11PM
Tenzin said:
posted Jun 10, 2009 at 12:11PM
Not only was C.S. Lewis one of the first to fling everyday children into a fantasy world and let them to save the day, he’s still one of the absolute best. It’s really quite perfect—four ordinary children literally open a door to a magical, faraway world. Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy are sent to a rambling country mansion to wait out the London bombing raids of World War II. One day they play hide-and-seek, and Lucy hides in a big empty wardrobe that is not at all what it seems to be. It is, in fact, a magical passage into the world of Narnia, a land where animals talk, the spirits of trees walk, and a golden lion named Aslan rules all. At least, that’s the way things should be in Narnia, but just now the land is under the thumb of the evil White Witch, whose hundred-year curse makes it always winter but never Christmas. When Lucy leads her brothers and sister into Narnia, she sparks a fantastic adventure of belief, betrayal, and talking beavers. This is the first book in the ever-popular Chronicles of Narnia (though it takes place second in the internal chronology of the series) and the adventures continue in six other books, which have remained immensely popular for generation after generation. Whether you’re reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for the first time or the fiftieth, you will never forget saving the wonderful world of Narnia with Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy.
posted Jun 9, 2009 at 9:47AM
This is a classic; you need to read it (kind of like Harry Potter but I've given up on that one). If you want I can give it to you on CD. You should read all 7 of them. I have them all on CD. ********** P.S. It's nothing like the movie. The movie stinks.
posted Mar 26, 2009 at 10:43PM
jokergrrl said:
This book was really good and had that familiar fantasy excitement to it. It might’ve been a little boring sometimes (but not all the time) but it was still really good.
posted Oct 17, 2008 at 4:02PM
LOVED THIS BOOK! My favorite in the series!!!!
posted Sep 30, 2008 at 9:02PM
Alexis said:
The best part is when Lucy and her sister become queens and her brothers become kings. I like when it becomes spring. I also like when all the animals come alive again.
posted Jul 18, 2008 at 12:32PM
Alexis said:
posted Jul 18, 2008 at 12:32PM
alissa said:
i wish that the computer let us stay on for 2 hours
posted Jun 20, 2008 at 10:36AM
alissa said:
i wish that the computer let us stay on for 2 hours
posted Jun 20, 2008 at 10:36AM
Kelly said:
All of the Chronicles of Narnia books are really good. They take you into a world of fantasy with a real life twist. These books are definitely a great choice for everyone to read!
posted Oct 30, 2007 at 9:07PM
Kelly said:
posted Oct 30, 2007 at 9:07PM
Abby said:
I liked it because you don't really knows what happens till you read them all.
posted Aug 14, 2006 at 11:52AM
Abby said:
I liked it because you don't really knows what happens till you read them all.
posted Aug 14, 2006 at 11:52AM
Megan said:
I think this is a great book. it is part of a series called the Chronicles of Narnia. the whole series is full of adventure!!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Kylie said:
This book is awesome I would read it again and again. I don't want to ruin the book so I won't say anything.
posted Nov 27, 2005
Shalom said:
I liked this book. I think that you should read the whole series to really enjoy this book though.
posted Oct 21, 2005
Katie said:
This book is about a group of brothers and sisters and there adventures in Narnia and how they come to fight the White Witch. A great book good for all ages. [Series: The Chronicles of Narnia #2]