home > bookspace > my comments > comment: diary of a wimpy kid : greg heffley's journal /

chinu said:
its funny and awsome very cool.
posted Apr 23, 2013 at 8:46PM
MarshmallowReaders said:
I love these books.
posted Dec 24, 2012 at 1:22PM
brebre123 said:
i loveeeee diary of a wimpy kid read all of them so cool im going to read the new diary of a wimpy kid:third wheel
posted Nov 12, 2012 at 8:50PM
Roxkin Reader said:
Very funny book. Includes things any kid would want to read when it comes to Greg and his little brother Manny, it gets to the point of being WAY cool. MUST READ FOR YA PEEPS!!!!!
posted Nov 26, 2011 at 9:40AM
Erick said:
It is awesome. Incredibly cool, it is a must read. Jeff Kinney is a genius!!!
posted Aug 22, 2011 at 6:01PM
Erick said:
It is awesome. Incredibly cool, it is a must read. Jeff Kinney is a genius!!!
posted Aug 22, 2011 at 6:01PM
Grace said:
I think it is very funny because Greg is always doing things funny when he does things wrong. The character I like best was Manny, Greg's younger brother because he didn't get in trouble like Greg because he was so young.
posted Jul 7, 2011 at 8:03PM
Grace said:
posted Jul 7, 2011 at 8:03PM
yoyo11 said:
This is a halarios book everyone can relate.
posted Jul 2, 2011 at 9:29AM
Winter Jackets at Linden Hills said:
It's hilarious! Made me laugh.
posted Feb 22, 2011 at 2:10PM
BrianBurriss said:
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book Review: 11.3.10 This book is about a kid named Greg Heffley. Greg is in middle school and his best friend, Rowly, still acts like he’s in preschool. He does crazy, funny, irresponsible things all of the time! Greg’s little brother, Manny, is always telling on him for every little thing he does. Very early in the book, the family dysfunction that Greg lives with is obvious. His mom is very enthusiastic about Greg getting exercise outdoors -- or joining a school play. His dad wants him to do “manly things” like weight train, join the boy scouts or enroll in the military. Greg wants nothing to do with any of it! Finally, there is the familial issue of his brother Rodrick. He is odd, too, and is in a rock band named “Loded Diper.” He knows all this embarrassing stuff about Greg. Greg has to be nice… or the word is out! I loved this book and have read every book in the series (including the book about the making of the “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” movie). You should read it if you enjoy crazy accidents and a bit of whacky humor. Review by Brian, 6th Grade, Grandview Middle School
posted Nov 3, 2010 at 9:12PM
Brian said:
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book Review: 11.3.10 This book is about a kid named Greg Heffley. Greg is in middle school and his best friend, Rowly, still acts like he’s in preschool. He does crazy, funny, irresponsible things all of the time! Greg’s little brother, Manny, is always telling on him for every little thing he does. Very early in the book, the family dysfunction that Greg lives with is obvious. His mom is very enthusiastic about Greg getting exercise outdoors -- or joining a school play. His dad wants him to do “manly things” like weight train, join the boy scouts or enroll in the military. Greg wants nothing to do with any of it! Finally, there is the familial issue of his brother Rodrick. He is odd, too, and is in a rock band named “Loded Diper.” He knows all this embarrassing stuff about Greg. Greg has to be nice… or the word is out! I loved this book and have read every book in the series (including the book about the making of the “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” movie). You should read it if you enjoy crazy accidents and a bit of whacky humor. Review by Brian Burriss, 6th Grade, Grandview Middle School
posted Nov 3, 2010 at 9:03PM
Brian said:
posted Nov 3, 2010 at 9:03PM
This book and series are funny.. So is Big Nate!! Same concept!!
posted Oct 30, 2010 at 8:49AM
Hannah said:
This book was very pleaseing to read. It gave a great perspective of a boy who is just trying to get through middle school. He has many good and bad moments and his life is like a rollar coaster. THe book is written in a different way but it makes it easier and more fun to read and it doesn't even feel like your reading a real book, yet you are. I would definitely recommend this book to any kids who's parents make them read in the summer... since it's sooo good... and any kids who just want a great book!!! Best book this summer!!!
posted Aug 1, 2010 at 7:18PM
Hannah said:
posted Aug 1, 2010 at 7:18PM
Motasem said:
I love every book in the series. I feel sorry for the wimpy kid because everyone picks on him. It's a funny book to read; everyone would love it!
posted Jul 3, 2010 at 10:17PM
i love this book
posted Apr 1, 2010 at 1:49PM
Cooper, I agree with your comments. I read this book 6 times, and it was funny every time!!!-emmA
posted Mar 31, 2010 at 5:44PM
charlie said:
Diary of a wimpy kid should be for grames 3-6. I like it because it is not to much to read. It starts off with a kid named greg. School starts all up again and he has a lot of trouble
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 3:42PM
charlie said:
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 3:42PM
all of these books a very funny!! i have read and own every single one even dog days!!!
posted Oct 31, 2009 at 8:24PM
devin said:
i love this book ive colected all of them!!!!!! but it would be beter if they put me in it!!!!!!
posted Oct 15, 2009 at 6:52PM
Really, really, REALLY funny. It’s a great book for people of all ages and i give it 5 out of 5 stars!
posted Oct 10, 2009 at 10:09PM
Anna said:
I liked it because it's so funny.On every page I can't go without laughing.I also like it because the drawings make the book more funny.
posted Jun 17, 2009 at 12:59PM
Anna said:
posted Jun 17, 2009 at 12:59PM
Rowen G said:
full of laughs and corny jokes.Perfect for all ages.
posted May 31, 2009 at 5:07PM
sarvaniPRINCESS said:
I think The Diary Of The Wimpy Kid is a funny book and is a good book
posted May 23, 2009 at 3:57PM
it’s okey... most of the boys in my class love them, which is ridiculous, since the books are second or third grade level. Some people call the impossible situations in the book funny, but I just think they’re strange, always embarrassing, and sometimes rude.
posted May 21, 2009 at 8:22PM
sarvaniPRINCESS said:
It is hard when you are in middle school things don’t happen the way that you wanted to happen
posted May 20, 2009 at 4:27PM
sarvaniPRINCESS said:
The Diary Of The Wimpy Kid is a awesome book because when Rowley ate the stinky cheese and the gang made him eat it it was quite gross
posted May 20, 2009 at 4:24PM
DavidPokemon said:
I love this book! Once I started reading this, I just did not even want to do anything else! I even got my dad to read it! And he liked it too! Our favorite part was when Greg got the barbie shoe up his nose!
posted Apr 25, 2009 at 7:35PM
Avatar for Minnetonka Library Staff Minnetonka Library Staff said:
These Diary of a wimpy kid books rock....I enjoyed them as an adult!
posted Apr 11, 2009 at 4:26PM
scamper125 said:
the life of a middle school kid in full detail
posted Apr 5, 2009 at 8:43AM
its a funny book. looks like they got a third one to the series too.
posted Jul 19, 2008 at 6:51AM
Jack said:
This is a great book. What set this book apart from many other books is that the drawings have such a big role in the novel. If it wasn't for the drawings it would be hard to understand story. This is a must read book.
posted Jul 15, 2008 at 11:52AM
Jack said:
posted Jul 15, 2008 at 11:52AM
Olivia said:
It is funny.Also I LOVE it!It is very different but very good!
posted Jan 31, 2008 at 7:40PM
Olivia said:
It is funny.Also I LOVE it!It is very different but very good!
posted Jan 31, 2008 at 7:40PM
Sofia said:
it is the funniest book i have ever read. it is in cartoons and it has won the newyork times best seller.i think anyone who needs a good book get this one!!!!!!
posted Oct 13, 2007 at 9:06PM
Sofia said:
posted Oct 13, 2007 at 9:06PM
remo said:
This book is about a kid's life. But, I don't know if it's real or not. So don't ask me a question like that. It also kind of funny (if you ask me). The way it is funny is how the characters Greg and Rowley act. This, I repeat, this is a REALLY FUNNY book!
posted Jul 27, 2007 at 3:55PM
Sam said:
When I started this book I knew it was a diary, but in the middle of it I forgot it was a diary. I thought it was a regular book. I like it because I like to draw and make mini cartoons.
posted Jul 26, 2007 at 5:27PM
Sam said:
posted Jul 26, 2007 at 5:27PM
Listen to an audio review by Library staff
Get the Flash Player to see this player.