home > bookspace > my comments > comment:

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!
posted Jul 30, 2009 at 2:34PM
fantasybooks said:
i cant do justice to this book in words. i love the political intrigue, i love the setting, the characters, the plot line... everything about this book except that i'v read it already and can't enjoy it for the first time ever again
posted Jan 14, 2009 at 11:49PM
a4ever said:
My favorite book. A great adventure and delightful protagonist.
posted Feb 12, 2008 at 11:37PM
Aeryn said:
One I reread several times and finally bought, Crown Duel is great fun. Originally, this book was published as two separate ones, which does show. The first part is more action, while the second part is something of a comedy/drama of politics and manners.
posted Jul 3, 2007 at 12:39PM
Hannah said:
Crown Duel has long been my favorite book. The characters are incredibly interesting and I love the personality of the main character, Meliara. It is very close to historical fiction - it seems a lot like European medieval times, but the setting is fictional and there is just a tiny bit of magic in it. It has a little bit of everything: mystery, romance, action/adventure! Altogether it is an exciting and memorable book And by the way, the best book ever!
posted Oct 16, 2006 at 4:23PM
Zspecial1 said:
This book is so good, you can’t put it down. Mel and her brother are trying against all odds to overthrow a horrible king. The King sends out hundreds of skilled warriors, but none of them catch Mel until she is caught by a trap- laid by her own people. With the help of a spy she escapes and half the king’s army goes out to search for her. After the war Mel is summoned to Court. She dreads the thought of going to Court, even more than the thought of fighting a battle. Her worst enemy is about to be crowned king, but she goes to gain information on someone else who might get the throne... I LOVED the ending, it made me want to read it all over again. This is my favorite book.
posted Jun 8, 2006 at 3:16PM
Hannah said:
This is one of my favorite books! When Meliara's father dies, she and her brother try to lead a handful of villagers against the evil king. Things turn upside down when Meliara is captured. Incredibly stubborn, Meliara has a hard time discerning friend from foe. It has an unexpected plot and delightful characters. I would recommend it to people who like fantasy or historical fiction. [Series: Crown and Court Duet #1]
posted Jul 5, 2005
Claire said:
This book was awesome! If you like fiction i would read this book.
posted Nov 7, 2004
Miriam said:
this is an incredibly fab book. a little slow to start off but as you get into it hings really start to pick up. I'd recomend this book to anyone who loves Phillip Pullmans His Dark Materials Trilogy or Caroline Stevermores A College of Magics. filled with magic romance and bad guys. What more could you want? [Crown and Court Duet #1]
posted Jun 17, 2004
Libby said:
I liked this book a lot especially since it had to do with medieval times. The reason why I gave it four stars was because at times it was a little dull, but I'd recommend it. [Crown and Court Duet #1]
posted Jun 15, 2004
Kelly said:
The crown duel is a fun adventure book with a touch of romance thrown in. Meliara and her brother are trying to kick the evil king off the throne, but things get complicated after Mel is captured by the enemies. She escapes from many tight spots includeing a jail cell, and a tourture chamber with a little unwanted help from some one she thinks is her enemy but might not be so bad after all?