home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the host : a novel /
The host : a novel
Stephenie Meyer
Adult Fiction MEYER

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

A romantic and sad book you just get so caught up in.
posted Jun 13, 2013 at 5:50PM
This is the third time I am reading this book so, obviously, I enjoyed it very much. I was a little bit confused though about whether or not Melanie was in another body or was it just a dream? I had to go back to it more than once in order to fully understand the situation. How could Jared be so callous with her after everything that he had promised her; to never leave her? Jamie was always willing to try to learn about the ’Wanderer’ and to hear all the stories that it told about all the different ’Hosts’ that it had possessed.
posted Mar 22, 2011 at 2:12PM
kit kat said:
I loved the host it is my favorite book because of all the twists and turns and the romance. I just loved it and I hope stephenie writes a sequel to it.
posted Oct 25, 2010 at 11:38AM
Even though it starts out slow, it picks up pace. The host is a very enjoyable book that will entertain anyone. One thing is for-sure... Stephenie Meyer has done it again!
posted Feb 25, 2010 at 10:23PM
=( i never wanted it to end
posted Dec 15, 2009 at 7:33PM
dutchess said:
The best sci-fi book I ever read. I learned a lot from this book. Humans are emotions, full of emotions, that’s all they are. Next time when you say something very mean to anybody, remember that humans are full of emotion. I recommend you to read this book so you can realize what is really important in life. Love.
posted Oct 31, 2009 at 3:39PM
fictionloverforever said:
I also want this book for christmas. I can’t wait. I may even make enough money to buy it my self! Meyer’s does so much, she is a good writer.
posted Sep 22, 2009 at 11:02AM
MirandaMcGinty said:
This is a book for Twilight fans and Twilight haters alike. It is a book that you can read over and over again and still be surprised or touched at times. It’s a timeless classic, and even though it may seem long, when you get to the end you’ll be wishing the size was doubled so there would be more to read.
posted Jun 9, 2009 at 1:01PM
kb4444 said:
wow is pretty much all I can say...it was sooooo good
posted Apr 25, 2009 at 11:09AM
THis book was good. I still like the twilight books better, but Stephenie Meyer did a good job. It is a very emotional book. I admit I did cry at some parts. This book says it is for adults but it is good for tweens too.
posted Feb 14, 2009 at 12:25PM
Kenda said:
Stephenie Meyer you did it again! You made a amazing story from an idea that came to you. Like the Twilight book, the Host is a sci-fi book with a romance tied into it. The Host is about Wanda who is an alien that has lived on many different planets and decides to try living on earth. She ends up falling in love with her host's human boyfriend. Even though she is supposed to turn him in she can't end goes looking for him turning away from her own species. This is a heart felt love story where Wanda fights to survive and figure out how she feels not the Host. Twilight is AWESOME and I totally suggest this to any Twilight fans. Stephenie Meyer, im waiting for the second Host!!!!!!! Ages: 12-100
posted Jan 7, 2009 at 4:15PM
Kenzy :) said:
from reading these AMAZING reveiws, this book must be good. i asked for it for christmas and i really cant wait to read it. did you all buy it?
posted Dec 2, 2008 at 4:42PM
vertigo said:
I really enjoyed the twilight series, but the host was hands down ten times better then any of her other books. There is nothing more I enjoy then being able to read a book more then once, the host I can read over and over again.
posted Nov 10, 2008 at 3:56AM
Anne said:
I loved this book because it was a good balance between romance and science fiction, two things i can't have too much of each on one book. This book was set in the not too distant future when all of humanity is wiped out by an unknown enemy. But what happens when one girl's body get's taken over and she won't fade away. This book was defintly not predictable, through out the book it left me dying to know what was going to happen and i was very interested. Two thumbs up!!
posted Oct 20, 2008 at 5:53PM
Anne said:
posted Oct 20, 2008 at 5:53PM
Lola said:
Amazing. Really. Stephenie Meyer does it again.
posted Aug 26, 2008 at 5:30PM
spydergirl said:
I have recently read the Twilight series, and wondered what her other books were like. Since the Twilight books, I have had ridiculously high standards for the books that i read. Meyer didn’t dissapoint. She is an amazing author who makes you want her to hurry up and write another book so she can display her creative genius once again. I LOVED the Host, and, though frustrating at times, it was one of the best books i’ve ever read. She has such a gift for making you feel exactly what the characters are feeling. I loved it so much i bought it, and hardcovers aren’t cheap these days. On a scale of one to ten, I’d easily give it seven thousand. Translation: READ IT.
posted Aug 24, 2008 at 5:20PM
It was so emotionally strong. One could feel everything. It was like living through what the characters were experiencing. The style of the writing brought everything to life. It was the most amazing book I ever read. I even cried at the end when I thought the main character had died and I'm not that emotional. I loved it so much I bought it.
posted Jul 14, 2008 at 9:46PM
Nora said:
posted Jul 14, 2008 at 9:46PM
gIrLgOeSsHoPpInG said:
I'm not surprised it got on ten million best seller lists. It's amazing. What can I say, Stephenie Meyer wrote it.
posted Jul 5, 2008 at 11:51PM
dilEMMA said:
This book is probaly the most addicting EVER! LOVE IT! A must read!!
posted Jun 25, 2008 at 12:41PM
Wanderer is the name of a tiny alien whose species is recolonizing Earth by physically inserting themselves into the minds of human hosts. Usually, the host’s own consciousness is suppressed, but Wanderer still hears her host Melanie’s thoughts and occasionally even finds herself struggling to retain control of the body. Moreover, to her horror, she begins to share some of Melanie’s dangerous emotions, such as sympathizing with a pocket of human rebels who have so far avoided “implantation.”

I eagerly anticipated this book’s release as I was looking forward to seeing what else Ms. Meyer could do beyond Twilight. The premise itself was really interesting and unlike anything I’d read before, but compared with her other series I’m not sure why this book was published for adults. It might as well also be for teens, given the age of the protagonist and the level of interpersonal drama.
posted May 21, 2008 at 10:19AM
Incredible. One of my favorites of the year. Parent’s should be relieved to note that this title is still appropriate for teen readers, as there is little sexual or violent content. Meyer’s is a true talent, one I hope to hear from for years to come. I read this book in one sitting, and I’ve put myself back into the list to get it again!
posted May 19, 2008 at 3:16PM
A good story that reminds me of a Star Trek the Next Generation episode with the same title. Though billed as Meyer’s first novel for adults her teen fans should enjoy this also.
posted May 12, 2008 at 11:16AM
alyoop said:
I can't wait for it to come out!
posted Apr 24, 2008 at 9:32AM