home > bookspace > my comments > comment: someone like you /
Someone like you
Sarah Dessen
Teen Fiction DESSEN

sabi46 said:
i love this book so much
posted Jul 12, 2011 at 10:50AM
epirkl said:
Another teen pregnancy thing. Or is it? This book is about a girl who's best friend gets pregnant. She struggles with her mother and her new boyfriend, but helps her pregnant friend along the way while learning valuable life lessons.
posted Jun 15, 2010 at 4:30PM
Nessiecob said:
Sad, sweet, with absolution at the end
posted Jun 2, 2009 at 2:51PM
Alliesuperg said:
This book was really good, although it did deal with some adult topics. I really enjoyed the book.
posted Jan 14, 2009 at 3:16PM
Alisha said:
I just started reading this book at a friends house and it is hard to put the book down- I just couldn’t. It is an amazing book, sad but also entertaining. It is real life which everyone has to go through (: I recommend this book to any teen out there because it is very good book.
posted Jan 2, 2009 at 12:21PM
charms09200 said:
This book was a combination of other books I like better. It was okay, not worth my time to read any others of hers
posted Nov 28, 2008 at 8:11PM
This is an amazing book and realy enjoyed reading it i recommend it to anyone who likes to read about friendship Life and Love
posted Aug 18, 2008 at 1:05AM
mustang21 said:
A new school year brings many changes as the death of her best friends secret boyfriend occurs right after the time she gets pregnant. Halley considers the choice her friend made with her boyfriend as she thinks about her own desires in her first real relationship.
posted Nov 11, 2007 at 9:27PM
Emma said:
This is a great book. It may not seem like that interesting or good of a book but if you read it you'll be surprised! I loved this book. It's about a girl named Hallie and her friend who go through many tough times. Her friend Scarlett's boyfriend dies in a motorcycle accident, and they have to go through the sadness of that and there are many other bumps and turns along the way. They realize that sometimes people aren't what they seem like. They realize that though sometimes it seems like your in the worst place you could be in your life but friends will always have your back. And Hallie realizes she is a lot stronger than she thinks she can be... i reconmmend this book.
posted Aug 16, 2004
Katie said:
This book is the best. I read it twice. It makes you cry and it makes you laugh. Sarah Dessen is the best author ever. Once you start reading this book, you won't be able to put it down. I think every teenage a girl should read it and think most of them will enjoyed too!
posted Jun 21, 2004
Gauri said:
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was so easy for me to relate to and the situations were very realistic. It talked about real issues girls have and it wove these ideas into the story very nicely. I felt like i was getting to know the characters as people and I could understand why the felt the way they did. I would recommend this book to girls ages 12-18.
posted Jun 19, 2004
Brooke said:
The storytelling in this book was very good, and the characters came alive easily. But the main character and her friends don't have any morals, and the choices that they make are not inspiring and make for sad reading. All in all, the book is not the best I've ever read, but it was okay.
posted Jun 19, 2004
Courtney said:
This is the second of the two books that make up the new movie "How To Deal." From what I can tell, this book makes up the most of the plot, and it's not a very good one. Read it if you want to see what the movie's about, but don't expect any deep revelations.
Emily said:
Possibly the best book I've ever read. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me think. This book chronicles a story of a girl aching to get out of her shell and live the life of her best friend, until roles are reversed, she is the strong one while her best friend goes through the tragic death of a boyfriend, the father of her unborn child. Beautiful book that any teen could relate to, whether or not they've gone through the circumstances in the novel. Excellent story and characters.
Nicole said:
Any person to read this book will like it! It is very real, and 90% oteens will be able to relate to it in some way or another. Sarah is the best Author EVER! She really has an amazing talent.