home > bookspace > my comments > comment: harry potter and the sorcerer's stone /
Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone
J. K. Rowling
Children's Fiction ROWLING

Comments  Summary  Contents  Reviews  Author Notes

Will said:
This is a good book because it has action. If you're ready for an adventure, read this book.
posted Mar 13, 2013 at 10:45AM
Will said:
posted Mar 13, 2013 at 10:45AM
Caroline said:
The story is about a boy who lives with his aunt, uncle,and cousin. He goes to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and wizardry. He fights Lord Voldomort in every book and wins.If you are ready for a thrilling fantasy, read Harry Potter.
posted Mar 8, 2013 at 2:33PM
Caroline said:
posted Mar 8, 2013 at 2:33PM
I don't care if you haven't read it, read the first book and THEN tell me how you feel. No excuses. This is a great book for anyone uncertain about reading.
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 4:01PM
The Harry Potter books have been my favorite series since I was maybe ten years old. I love these books they are AMAZING, I can't live without these.
posted Aug 11, 2012 at 12:02PM
I don't care if you haven't read it, read the first book and then tell me how you feel. No excuses.
posted Aug 10, 2012 at 5:50PM
This is book one of the Harry Potter Series. A brilliant book for all ages. I enjoy it as much now as I did when I was a child. It is not the character nor the plot that makes the book so exceptional; it is the world. J.K. Rowling created an entire world beneath our own, like other writers such as C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien before her. I didn’t like the later books, as they lost a lot of their imagination and uniqueness, but this series is certainly going to become a classic for many generations to come.
posted Jul 3, 2012 at 10:16PM
Grace said:
This book stars a boy called Harry Potter whose parents were killed by the Dark Lord Voldemort. Harry now lives with his aunt,uncle and his cousin who are Muggles[not wizards like Harry.]Soon Harry is invited to Hogwarts,a wizard school. There he meets lots of interesting friends and has many adventures.
posted Jun 26, 2012 at 4:32PM
Grace said:
posted Jun 26, 2012 at 4:32PM
Lindsay said:
The Main Character is Harry Potter.The story takes place at Hogwarts.I liked this book because I like mystery.I also liked that Harry Potter in his books almost always defeats evil.
posted Nov 23, 2011 at 9:32AM
Lindsay said:
posted Nov 23, 2011 at 9:32AM
EasyOrange3 said:
I can't even describe how much I love this book/the Harry Potter series. I'm Harry Potter's biggest fan , along with JK Rowling's and the writers of the movies, and the actors, and etc. Harry Potter is my life, and YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK! (ALL OF THEM! AHHHH!) This is the series order: 1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows AHHHHHHHHHHHH! <3 x 1,000,000,000,000! and more!
posted Oct 2, 2011 at 1:59PM
Avatar for Hermione Granger:) Hermione Granger:) said:
I love Harry Potter! Once I read the first book(in 2 days) I quickly got the second book. Now that I have read all the books in the series, I have so many things that I do that have things related to Harry Potter. I ask for tons of Harry Potter things, and I am having a Harry Potter themed birthday party. Now I am reding the series for the 3rd time. You might think that would get boring, but I cannot put the Chamber of Secrets down. If you are looking for a series to read, Harry Potter is for you!:)
posted Mar 13, 2011 at 11:09AM
probablynarnia said:
Ah, yes, I am a Potter Freak. There's no denying it. I just am. If you haven't read them, then what are you waiting for? You probably don't even have to bike all the way to the Library to find a copy. Check with friends, neighbors, siblings, that strange kid from Math class that never has matching socks, your local Walmart parking lot (yes, that is, in fact, where my first copy of Chamber of Secrets came from) you're bound to find one somewhere. Just read them!
posted Sep 23, 2010 at 10:43PM
SolStar23 said:
Harry Potter is for a multi-generational audience. The series is ultimately about the power of love and friendship. While "The Sorcerer's Stone" introduces readers to the world of Hogwarts, later books become progressively darker but never lose their optimism or sense of adventure. I recommend this book as a good, if rather obvious, starting point for your journey into Harry's world.
posted Aug 7, 2010 at 9:53PM
Gems14 said:
Only put down this one because Harry Potter is like THE series and if you haven't read it, well I can only ask WHY?
posted Jun 14, 2010 at 5:26PM
Sorry,This is the only one I have read on this list! It is a great book!
posted Mar 31, 2010 at 8:57PM
This is a great book! The only one I have read under this book list! Read It
posted Mar 31, 2010 at 8:49PM
This is the first book in the Harry Potter series. Harry first finds out that he's a wizard and gets to go to wizarding school. Harry hasn't had so much fun in 11 years.At Hogwarts, he makes two new friends and sees things he never imgined would happen. Staircases moving, flying on brooms,and 3-headed dogs!! Once you start this book(and series)you'll never be able to put it down!
posted Mar 31, 2010 at 8:19PM
Connor F. said:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone I recommend this book if you like fantasy books. It starts out as Harry lives with the Durslys because his parents died and one day Hagrid takes Harry to Hogwarts… If you want to find out more read the book!
posted Mar 23, 2010 at 11:41AM
harris said:
I think Harry Potter is a boring book there is nothing good about it
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 3:41PM
This book is a page turner and is soooo hard to put down. After reading this book you’ll want to read the whole series!
posted Oct 10, 2009 at 9:49PM
Lydia said:
I loved this book because it had adventure and magic! I also like the movies of it so you can see what is different and what is alike in many ways!!! I love the Harry Potter series!!
posted Jun 13, 2009 at 12:26PM
Lydia said:
posted Jun 13, 2009 at 12:26PM
As if any list of child-heroes could be complete without Harry Potter! Young Harry is, without a doubt, the most popular kid to ever stumble into a fantasy world. J.K. Rowling’s first in the Harry Potter series is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, an adventure for the reader as much as for Harry. Harry is an orphan living with his heartless aunt and uncle. But Harry’s mundane existence is about to change completely. As his eleventh birthday approaches, Harry’s home is inundated with mysterious letters written in emerald ink and delivered by swooping owls. These are invitations for Harry to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. That’s right, Harry is a wizard-in-training, the son of very talented magical parents who were killed by the very bad Lord Voldemort when Harry was just a baby. Harry miraculously survived the attack, and Voldemort hasn’t been heard of since. But now as Harry is immersed in the thrilling world of Hogwarts with all its twists and turns and surprises, rumors of Voldemort’s return are reaching the magical world again. There’s also a locked door on the third floor of Hogwarts Castle, a very nervous new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, friends and enemies (and ghosts) who roam the halls, and an exciting new sport played on broomsticks. And Harry most definitely has a role to play and a destiny to fulfill as all the mysteries and secrets of his history are revealed. Filled with astonishingly imaginative details and delightfully quirky characters (human and mythical alike), this first stage of Harry’s enchanting seven-book journey to rid the world of the desperately evil Lord Voldemort—and find himself along the way--is absolutely certain to delight, charm, chill, and intrigue readers from age eight to eighty. With the Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling creates one of the most richly crafted fantasy worlds in literature.
posted Jun 9, 2009 at 9:48AM
Maggie said:
J.k. Rowling combines humor,fantasy and emotion together in her first book in the Harry Potter series. I've personally read it four times and will continue reading it. It is one of my favorite books, and it always will be!
posted Jun 6, 2009 at 10:17AM
Maggie said:
posted Jun 6, 2009 at 10:17AM
andra said:
a fantastic book series i love all of them. u r always at the edge of your seat. the best i ever read and i love it
posted Jun 2, 2009 at 4:16PM
madelaine said:
This is the first book in the Harry Potter series, and it got me hooked on the series.
posted Mar 14, 2009 at 2:29PM
I loved this book. I had recently read a series I loved. I thought I would never find another good series, so I’m glad I started this series.
posted Mar 4, 2009 at 4:11PM
emma01 said:
The Harry Potter series are one of my favorite series ever! I read all of the books 14 times. J.K. Rowling takes you into a magical world full of surprises!
posted Feb 7, 2009 at 4:13PM
fantasybooks said:
classic. the rest is obvious. hve read these books more times than any other. but they arent the only occupants of the top of my list. david eddings and sherwood smith are up there too.
posted Jan 14, 2009 at 11:47PM
booknut said:
Harry Potter is an orphan who knows almost nothing of his past. He has been brought up by his awful aunt and uncle, but when he learns that he is a wizard, his whole life changes. This series is one of the best ever written and I highly recommend you read it.
posted Dec 27, 2008 at 11:23AM
charms09200 said:
The Harry Potter books are by far my favorite books ever. They ever trump the Twilight series, which I love dearly. It’s just that I’ve been with this series for over 10 years and it’s so intricate and complex that I love it above all others. This series is the entire reason I am an avid reader now. Everyone should read it.
posted Nov 28, 2008 at 7:48PM
Mustafa said:
Amazing book! Definitely a must read. The author uses great detailed words and new world of Hogwarts is just waiting to be read. I would recommend this book to anyone, whether you're a Harry Potter fan or not.
posted Jul 20, 2008 at 9:44PM
Mustafa said:
posted Jul 20, 2008 at 9:44PM
Peter said:
If you like magical stories this is a great book for you! In Harry's first year at "Hogwarts School for Whichcraft And Wizardry" he learns to fly a broomstick, wears his father's cloak of invisibility, and learns lots of magic!
posted Jul 12, 2008 at 6:51PM
Peter said:
posted Jul 12, 2008 at 6:51PM
Olivia said:
Ok we all now that the Harry Potter seires are amazing! So any of you that haven't read it... READ IT!!! The way J.K. Rowling starts the book by putting it just like normal life and kinda a flash back was a great choice. I love the new world of Hogwarts! These are the books that made me LOVE reading! [Harry Potter seires #1]
posted Jul 9, 2008 at 11:18AM
Olivia said:
posted Jul 9, 2008 at 11:18AM
softball_luver14 said:
This is the starting of THE best series in the world!
posted Jun 30, 2008 at 3:42PM
Greta said:
THIS IS THE BEST BOOK SERIES EVER EVER EVER EVER!!!! this is the first one and if you havnt read it you HAVE to. they are the best books ever. its about harry, and hermione and ron and all their friends who go to a wizard school called hogwarts. its so good. i would HIGHLY recomend it.
posted Jun 2, 2008 at 6:34PM
Annika,Caleb Bertrang said:
The books I will be telling you about are the Harry Potter Series. I like these books because they have surprises and some mystery. I think these are good books because you don't know what's going on and then you know everything at the end. If you want to read about magic and surprises, these are good books for you.
posted Nov 16, 2007 at 3:21PM
*Melissa* said:
This is a great first book in the Harry Potter Series. Its full of action and intresting suprises.Read this book!
posted Aug 10, 2007 at 11:44AM
TheSuffering26 said:
This book did start it all for me, I got all three for christmas and couldnt stop! I was happy!
posted Jul 31, 2007 at 8:10PM
Katie said:
It was ok some what long at time. too me months to read it
posted Jun 14, 2007 at 6:34PM
Katie said:
It was ok some what long at time. too me months to read it
posted Jun 14, 2007 at 6:34PM
Anna said:
This book is by far my favorite out of all the Harry Potter books. Rowling is a terrific writer and really makes the story come alive. This book is about Harry's first year at Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He has to find the Sorcerers Stone and stop Lord Voldemort from stealing it. He succeeds, as always in his task to stop evil and bring out justice. This book is terrific and really well written. I would recommend this to anyone who likes adventure, excitement, and a little bit of scare. This book keeps you in suspense and you will not be disappointed if you read it.
posted Jun 13, 2007 at 5:45PM
Anna said:
posted Jun 13, 2007 at 5:45PM
Kyle said:
This book is the best book ever, and it was the first Harry Potter book I've ever read. And then I started the second one, now I'm on the third one, and I hope I get to read all of the other books, I especially want to read the 7th one
posted May 31, 2007 at 12:40PM
Kyle said:
posted May 31, 2007 at 12:40PM
BOB shoe said:
This was a good book but dificult to understand. I rate this a 4.
posted May 30, 2007 at 12:40PM
Hailey said:
if were ever thinking about reading a harry potter book than this is the book for you! This book is a great way to introduce to Harry. this is a mix inbetween adventure and fantsy.
posted May 15, 2007 at 4:29PM
Hailey said:
posted May 15, 2007 at 4:29PM
nicole said:
the is an great book it is the frist in the searies
posted Apr 29, 2007 at 5:24PM
nicole said:
the is an great book it is the frist in the searies
posted Apr 29, 2007 at 5:24PM
WestEM said:
Again, representative of the series.
posted Feb 22, 2007 at 1:30PM
Sophia said:
I thout this was a really good book beacause there is alot af excitement. I also like this book because there are wizards.
posted Aug 14, 2006 at 11:48AM
Sophia said:
posted Aug 14, 2006 at 11:48AM
Andrew said:
It was a very good book.I think if your in second or third grade you should read it.
posted Aug 10, 2006 at 1:20PM
Andrew said:
posted Aug 10, 2006 at 1:20PM
Verity said:
One of the best books in the world!
posted Jun 28, 2006 at 10:46AM
Veronica said:
A very exciting and breath taking book
tri said:
magical and fun because it's about him being a wizard.
Chloe said:
This book is great for people that like books about adventure and magic. Harry, Ron, and Hermione go on many adventures together in this great book!
isaac said:
worst book in the world because it doesn't portray evil as evil
Susan said:
Absolutely amazing! This is the first book in the outstanding series about smart Hermione Granger, funny Ron Weasly, and, of course, brave, famous, and courageous Harry Potter.
Rebecca said:
I thought this book was a great book some people think this book is bad but I think its more like a Mystery like on the first book The Mystery is about the sorcers stone and the second book is about the Chamber of secerets you should read these books and see the movie when you watch the movie its really good I reccomend this book for forth graders and up.
Melissa said:
If you like fary tales you wiil love this bok
Lily said:
This book was really awesome. When I first got into it I could not put it down!
Hannah said:
I was never really in to witch's and wizards but I decided to read this book, and to my surprise I really liked it. I am starting the second one and can't wait to see the second movie!
Angelica said:
I realy liked it well I actualy loved it.Hey Mrs.rowling I herd that you are having a baby do you now if it is a girl or a boy?I hope you make more books of Harry Potter.
alex said:
It was the first harry potter book I read and I remembered that I thought it was realy scary and it was harry's first year at hogwarts
Hans said:
Harry Potters parents die from an evil wizard named voldomort. voldomort tried to kill harry, but he didn't die.He goes to live with his aunt and uncle who treat him like a slave. but one day he gets a letter...
Corey said:
This book is full of adventure. The magic just makes the book exiting. I't is just fun trying to picture whats happening in your head.
Megan said:
I have read this book three times and watched the the movie ten times and i still can't get enough of the humor and the suspends. J.k. has a true gift when she writes her books.
Samantha said:
I Loved it!!! Harry Potter is a great quitige player he is a realy, realy good friend. Hermini is eger to help when Ron is hurt. She is a great witch she allways gets Harry&Ron out of truble wen they get her into truble.She dosen't care becauseif shedosen't get them out of it she will get in trubl to.
tori said:
i thought it was good because it had lots of detail and when your reading it it feels like your there
Taylor said:
Harry Potter finds out about his mysterious past when a giant named Hagrid visits him and the Dursley's. Harry finds out that he is a wizard and is accepted at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, where he meets friends for the first time in his life. Then, at the end of the year, Lord Voldemort, the most powerful (and evil) sorcerer in the world plans to steal the sorcerer's stone, which whould make you immortal, and is hidden at Hogwarts. Harry, Ron, and Hermoine try to stop Voldemort from conquering the world again. Will they make it? Read the book to find out!!
Sara said:
It's a great book about a boy named Harry who finds out he belongs to a wizard family. But when his parents are murdered by a Dark Evil Lord, he has to go live with his snotty cousin that constantly teases him, his nit-picky aunt and his hateful uncle. They are out to make his life miserable. When he goes to Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry it's a completely different world. Find out about his adventures and read this book. Cause I'm not going to tell the rest of the story!
Ashley said:
It is the best book ever! It is full of adventure and a few scary parts but it is REALLY good! It is the first great book of a series of Great ones! It deserves1Billion stars!!!!!
posted May 5, 2006 at 8:47PM
Jack said:
This is an AWESOME book!! you have to read it!! If you read it you will be SURE to read the rest of the Harry Potter series. But this is just the beginning of the suspious, awesome, incredible series! you guys HAVE to read this!!
posted Dec 29, 2005 at 10:13PM
Christine said:
it's a book full of suspense and adventures. i never thought that i'd be this good. i can't wait to read the second one.
posted Aug 2, 2005
Joshua said:
In the book Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone there is this boy and and he has to live with his aunt and uncle. One day a giant tells him he is a wizard and gose to a school. to find out more go and read this book.
posted Nov 10, 2004 at 2:20PM
Shazia said:
Oh my god! I love the Harry Potter series. I read them over and over! They're just so good! If you haven't read them yet..you should give them a try!
posted Jul 16, 2004
Jennifer said:
This is book is full of adventure and excitement..You never really know what is going to happen next until you read on..My favorite character is Harry Potter, since he is like famous. I'd love to be him!!!
posted Jul 13, 2004 at 3:09PM
Ashley said:
I thought it was really good. I liked how there were alot of real life problems mixed with humor. I woukd recommend it to any fantasy, mystery, or adventure lover.
posted Jun 24, 2004
Allyson said:
its was magical and i liked it so much that i read harry potter more than once.
Lindsey said:
I just read this book 4 the first time and i loves it if you like the movies and haven't read the book you shouls cuz theres lots of different stuff in it then the movie like when they first meet fluffy nevilles is with them and in the movie harry gets his boom after halloween and in the movie he gets it b4 halloween. theres just lil things like that i think you should read it 4 yourself im a huge harry potter fan i love the movies i think the guy who plays him is really cute can't wait 4 the pos to come out next year
Lindsey said:
I'm writing another review cuz my first one had many mistakes.OK i loved this book alot its awesome if you have seen the movies and hav't read the book you should cuz theres lots of lil things that are different like when they meet Fluffy the three headed dog Nevilles is with them and in the movie harry gets his boom after halloween and in the book its be4 halloween and in the movie after they play the life size chess when they are done Hermonie stays with Ron and Harry goes on but in the book Hermonie go with harry and leaves ron there.and rons sister Ginny has a bigger role in the book then the movie where you only see her or hear about her when harry first goes to platform 9 and 3/4. in the book Ginny is star struck by Harry its cute. i am a huge fan and can't wait 4 the P.O.A to come out next year.