home > bookspace > my comments > comment: harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban /
Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban
Rowling, J. K.
Children's Fiction ROWLING

Comments  Summary  Author Notes

nena said:
This is for people who like magic. It is about a boy named Harry and is a wizard but doesn’t know it. His parents died when he was young because the evil wizard Voldemort killed them. When he finds he is a wizard, he goes to wizards school and meets Ron Weasley and Hermoine Granger. Throughout the series Harry learnes about the wizard world and fights against Voldemort.
posted Jun 19, 2014 at 7:50PM
nena said:
320 pages long!
posted Jun 11, 2014 at 8:01PM
Will said:
This is a good book because it has action. If you're ready for an adventure, read this book.
posted Mar 13, 2013 at 10:45AM
Will said:
posted Mar 13, 2013 at 10:45AM
Caroline said:
The story is about a boy who lives with his aunt, uncle,and cousin. He goes to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and wizardry. He fights Lord Voldomort in every book and wins.If you are ready for a thrilling fantasy, read Harry Potter.
posted Mar 8, 2013 at 2:33PM
Caroline said:
posted Mar 8, 2013 at 2:33PM
I don't care if you haven't read it, read the first book and THEN tell me how you feel. No excuses. This is a great book for anyone uncertain about reading.
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 4:01PM
The Harry Potter books have been my favorite series since I was maybe ten years old. I love these books they are AMAZING, I can't live without these.
posted Aug 11, 2012 at 12:02PM
I don't care if you haven't read it, read the first book and then tell me how you feel. No excuses.
posted Aug 10, 2012 at 5:50PM
This is book one of the Harry Potter Series. A brilliant book for all ages. I enjoy it as much now as I did when I was a child. It is not the character nor the plot that makes the book so exceptional; it is the world. J.K. Rowling created an entire world beneath our own, like other writers such as C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien before her. I didn’t like the later books, as they lost a lot of their imagination and uniqueness, but this series is certainly going to become a classic for many generations to come.
posted Jul 3, 2012 at 10:16PM
Grace said:
This book stars a boy called Harry Potter whose parents were killed by the Dark Lord Voldemort. Harry now lives with his aunt,uncle and his cousin who are Muggles[not wizards like Harry.]Soon Harry is invited to Hogwarts,a wizard school. There he meets lots of interesting friends and has many adventures.
posted Jun 26, 2012 at 4:32PM
Grace said:
posted Jun 26, 2012 at 4:32PM
jazzy2 said:
This book was really good. I wish I would have read the books before seeing the movies, it ruined all the suspense. These story’s never grow old no matter how any times I read them. I recommend it to anyone who like fantasy.
posted Mar 3, 2012 at 1:30PM
Muna said:
The main character is Harry Potter.The story takes place at Hogwarts.Harry Potter has a big problem because he got in a big fit with his Aunts and Uncle and left them. He is trying to get to London a wizard place.Will Harry Potter make it or not.I like this book because it has action and adventure.It makes me feel like what's going to happen and is he going to make it.
posted Nov 27, 2011 at 8:11PM
Muna said:
This book talks about a boy named Harry Potter that always get punished by his Aunt and Uncle .Harry got enough of mistreatment so he decided to run away!
posted Nov 27, 2011 at 7:52PM
Lindsay said:
The Main Character is Harry Potter.The story takes place at Hogwarts.I liked this book because I like mystery.I also liked that Harry Potter in his books almost always defeats evil.
posted Nov 23, 2011 at 9:32AM
Lindsay said:
posted Nov 23, 2011 at 9:32AM
EasyOrange3 said:
My personal favorite in the Harry Potter series. You're gonna wanna keep reading and reading and reading! AHHHH! READ. NOW!
posted Oct 2, 2011 at 2:01PM
EasyOrange3 said:
I can't even describe how much I love this book/the Harry Potter series. I'm Harry Potter's biggest fan , along with JK Rowling's and the writers of the movies, and the actors, and etc. Harry Potter is my life, and YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK! (ALL OF THEM! AHHHH!) This is the series order: 1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows AHHHHHHHHHHHH!
posted Oct 2, 2011 at 1:59PM
Avatar for Hermione Granger:) Hermione Granger:) said:
I love Harry Potter! Once I read the first book(in 2 days) I quickly got the second book. Now that I have read all the books in the series, I have so many things that I do that have things related to Harry Potter. I ask for tons of Harry Potter things, and I am having a Harry Potter themed birthday party. Now I am reding the series for the 3rd time. You might think that would get boring, but I cannot put the Chamber of Secrets down. If you are looking for a series to read, Harry Potter is for you!:)
posted Mar 13, 2011 at 11:09AM
WiIliam Halvorson said:
I liked the book becuas it was adventurous.It is about Harry goes to hogwarts and meets what he thinks is a serial killer.Read the rest to find out what happens next!!!!!!
posted Sep 28, 2010 at 7:31PM
probablynarnia said:
Ah, yes, I am a Potter Freak. There's no denying it. I just am. If you haven't read them, then what are you waiting for? You probably don't even have to bike all the way to the Library to find a copy. Check with friends, neighbors, siblings, that strange kid from Math class that never has matching socks, your local Walmart parking lot (yes, that is, in fact, where my first copy of Chamber of Secrets came from) you're bound to find one somewhere. Just read them!
posted Sep 23, 2010 at 10:43PM
SolStar23 said:
Harry Potter is for a multi-generational audience. The series is ultimately about the power of love and friendship. While "The Sorcerer's Stone" introduces readers to the world of Hogwarts, later books become progressively darker but never lose their optimism or sense of adventure. I recommend this book as a good, if rather obvious, starting point for your journey into Harry's world.
posted Aug 7, 2010 at 9:53PM
Gems14 said:
Only put down this one because Harry Potter is like THE series and if you haven't read it, well I can only ask WHY?
posted Jun 14, 2010 at 5:26PM
Sadie said:
I think it's positively a great book. My cousin, who is now an adult, has read them all more than 10 times, but eve since she read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, it has been her all time favorite book, which I also strongly agree with. You're just always "hungry" to read it! It introduces extrordinary new characters, along with, of course, Harry Potter. It is also very interesting to find "Sirius Black" is Harry's godfather. I'd just give a round of aplause to J.K. Rowling!:) -sadie
posted Jun 10, 2010 at 2:54PM
Sadie said:
posted Jun 10, 2010 at 2:54PM
Sorry,This is the only one I have read on this list! It is a great book!
posted Mar 31, 2010 at 8:57PM
This is a great book! The only one I have read under this book list! Read It
posted Mar 31, 2010 at 8:49PM
This is the first book in the Harry Potter series. Harry first finds out that he's a wizard and gets to go to wizarding school. Harry hasn't had so much fun in 11 years.At Hogwarts, he makes two new friends and sees things he never imgined would happen. Staircases moving, flying on brooms,and 3-headed dogs!! Once you start this book(and series)you'll never be able to put it down!
posted Mar 31, 2010 at 8:19PM
Connor F. said:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone I recommend this book if you like fantasy books. It starts out as Harry lives with the Durslys because his parents died and one day Hagrid takes Harry to Hogwarts… If you want to find out more read the book!
posted Mar 23, 2010 at 11:41AM
harris said:
I think Harry Potter is a boring book there is nothing good about it
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 3:41PM
This book is a page turner and is soooo hard to put down. After reading this book you’ll want to read the whole series!
posted Oct 10, 2009 at 9:49PM
Saurav said:
This book was a great book and I really enjoyed it. My favorite part from this book was when Harry won the Quidditch Cup for his team by catching the golden snitch. This book wa a great book and I would totally recommed it.
posted Aug 7, 2009 at 5:18PM
Lydia said:
I loved this book because it had adventure and magic! I also like the movies of it so you can see what is different and what is alike in many ways!!! I love the Harry Potter series!!
posted Jun 13, 2009 at 12:26PM
Lydia said:
posted Jun 13, 2009 at 12:26PM
As if any list of child-heroes could be complete without Harry Potter! Young Harry is, without a doubt, the most popular kid to ever stumble into a fantasy world. J.K. Rowling’s first in the Harry Potter series is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, an adventure for the reader as much as for Harry. Harry is an orphan living with his heartless aunt and uncle. But Harry’s mundane existence is about to change completely. As his eleventh birthday approaches, Harry’s home is inundated with mysterious letters written in emerald ink and delivered by swooping owls. These are invitations for Harry to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. That’s right, Harry is a wizard-in-training, the son of very talented magical parents who were killed by the very bad Lord Voldemort when Harry was just a baby. Harry miraculously survived the attack, and Voldemort hasn’t been heard of since. But now as Harry is immersed in the thrilling world of Hogwarts with all its twists and turns and surprises, rumors of Voldemort’s return are reaching the magical world again. There’s also a locked door on the third floor of Hogwarts Castle, a very nervous new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, friends and enemies (and ghosts) who roam the halls, and an exciting new sport played on broomsticks. And Harry most definitely has a role to play and a destiny to fulfill as all the mysteries and secrets of his history are revealed. Filled with astonishingly imaginative details and delightfully quirky characters (human and mythical alike), this first stage of Harry’s enchanting seven-book journey to rid the world of the desperately evil Lord Voldemort—and find himself along the way--is absolutely certain to delight, charm, chill, and intrigue readers from age eight to eighty. With the Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling creates one of the most richly crafted fantasy worlds in literature.
posted Jun 9, 2009 at 9:48AM
Maggie said:
J.k. Rowling combines humor,fantasy and emotion together in her first book in the Harry Potter series. I've personally read it four times and will continue reading it. It is one of my favorite books, and it always will be!
posted Jun 6, 2009 at 10:17AM
Maggie said:
posted Jun 6, 2009 at 10:17AM
andra said:
a fantastic book series i love all of them. u r always at the edge of your seat. the best i ever read and i love it
posted Jun 2, 2009 at 4:16PM
IT’s really good. it involves A LOT of weird creatures and things.
posted Apr 16, 2009 at 11:28AM
madelaine said:
This is the first book in the Harry Potter series, and it got me hooked on the series.
posted Mar 14, 2009 at 2:29PM
I loved this book. I had recently read a series I loved. I thought I would never find another good series, so I’m glad I started this series.
posted Mar 4, 2009 at 4:11PM
emma01 said:
The Harry Potter series are one of my favorite series ever! I read all of the books 14 times. J.K. Rowling takes you into a magical world full of surprises!
posted Feb 7, 2009 at 4:13PM
fantasybooks said:
classic. the rest is obvious. hve read these books more times than any other. but they arent the only occupants of the top of my list. david eddings and sherwood smith are up there too.
posted Jan 14, 2009 at 11:47PM
booknut said:
Harry Potter is an orphan who knows almost nothing of his past. He has been brought up by his awful aunt and uncle, but when he learns that he is a wizard, his whole life changes. This series is one of the best ever written and I highly recommend you read it.
posted Dec 27, 2008 at 11:23AM
charms09200 said:
The Harry Potter books are by far my favorite books ever. They ever trump the Twilight series, which I love dearly. It’s just that I’ve been with this series for over 10 years and it’s so intricate and complex that I love it above all others. This series is the entire reason I am an avid reader now. Everyone should read it.
posted Nov 28, 2008 at 7:48PM
Mustafa said:
Amazing book! Definitely a must read. The author uses great detailed words and new world of Hogwarts is just waiting to be read. I would recommend this book to anyone, whether you're a Harry Potter fan or not.
posted Jul 20, 2008 at 9:44PM
Mustafa said:
posted Jul 20, 2008 at 9:44PM
Peter said:
If you like magical stories this is a great book for you! In Harry's first year at "Hogwarts School for Whichcraft And Wizardry" he learns to fly a broomstick, wears his father's cloak of invisibility, and learns lots of magic!
posted Jul 12, 2008 at 6:51PM
Peter said:
posted Jul 12, 2008 at 6:51PM
Olivia said:
Ok we all now that the Harry Potter seires are amazing! So any of you that haven't read it... READ IT!!! The way J.K. Rowling starts the book by putting it just like normal life and kinda a flash back was a great choice. I love the new world of Hogwarts! These are the books that made me LOVE reading! [Harry Potter seires #1]
posted Jul 9, 2008 at 11:18AM
Olivia said:
posted Jul 9, 2008 at 11:18AM
amberrox____ said:
Like harry potter is my homeboy. xoxo i love the series a lot especially this book cuz i think it is the best one of the first 3. you should read it and the whole series!
posted Jul 9, 2008 at 10:36AM
softball_luver14 said:
AAH! I loved this one because the fact the "mass murderer" happened to be his godfather was a huge shock. But now that I've read it so many times it's like wow he's his godfather. Big whoop. Haha
posted Jun 30, 2008 at 4:58PM
softball_luver14 said:
This is the starting of THE best series in the world!
posted Jun 30, 2008 at 3:42PM
Greta said:
THIS IS THE BEST BOOK SERIES EVER EVER EVER EVER!!!! this is the first one and if you havnt read it you HAVE to. they are the best books ever. its about harry, and hermione and ron and all their friends who go to a wizard school called hogwarts. its so good. i would HIGHLY recomend it.
posted Jun 2, 2008 at 6:34PM
matt said:
its a great book
posted May 19, 2008 at 4:16PM
matt said:
its a great book
posted May 19, 2008 at 4:16PM
Jessica said:
I like yhis book because it is fun.
posted Jan 31, 2008 at 7:40PM
Jessica said:
I like yhis book because it is fun.
posted Jan 31, 2008 at 7:40PM
Annika,Caleb Bertrang said:
The books I will be telling you about are the Harry Potter Series. I like these books because they have surprises and some mystery. I think these are good books because you don't know what's going on and then you know everything at the end. If you want to read about magic and surprises, these are good books for you.
posted Nov 16, 2007 at 3:21PM
jonny said:
It is Harry Potter's third year at Hogwarts.He gets to school in a flying car and has a lot of adventures. Sirus Black is after Harry or at least everybody thinks so.I like the book because it is an action book and I like action books.If you like action and adventure books this is the book for you.
posted Oct 15, 2007 at 3:09PM
jonny said:
posted Oct 15, 2007 at 3:09PM
lizzielovesdrama said:
First of all i must admit that i dislike the harry pottor series for bordom and lenth reasons but this particular book was very good, i really liked it
posted Oct 11, 2007 at 7:28PM
Ruth,Ruth said:
This book is really, really good. I like it because the character Serius is untroduced, and he is one of the most important people. Read this book if you like adventure and magic!
posted Aug 11, 2007 at 2:38PM
*Melissa* said:
This is a great first book in the Harry Potter Series. Its full of action and intresting suprises.Read this book!
posted Aug 10, 2007 at 11:44AM
TheSuffering26 said:
This book did start it all for me, I got all three for christmas and couldnt stop! I was happy!
posted Jul 31, 2007 at 8:10PM
Shannon said:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban is the best book so far!! Some of the images in the movie are probably not suitable for kids 9yrs old or younger. My favorite character is Surius Black.
posted Jul 16, 2007 at 7:31PM
Shannon said:
posted Jul 16, 2007 at 7:31PM
Katie said:
It was ok some what long at time. too me months to read it
posted Jun 14, 2007 at 6:34PM
Katie said:
It was ok some what long at time. too me months to read it
posted Jun 14, 2007 at 6:34PM
Anna said:
This book is by far my favorite out of all the Harry Potter books. Rowling is a terrific writer and really makes the story come alive. This book is about Harry's first year at Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He has to find the Sorcerers Stone and stop Lord Voldemort from stealing it. He succeeds, as always in his task to stop evil and bring out justice. This book is terrific and really well written. I would recommend this to anyone who likes adventure, excitement, and a little bit of scare. This book keeps you in suspense and you will not be disappointed if you read it.
posted Jun 13, 2007 at 5:45PM
Anna said:
posted Jun 13, 2007 at 5:45PM
Kyle said:
This book is the best book ever, and it was the first Harry Potter book I've ever read. And then I started the second one, now I'm on the third one, and I hope I get to read all of the other books, I especially want to read the 7th one
posted May 31, 2007 at 12:40PM
Kyle said:
posted May 31, 2007 at 12:40PM
BOB shoe said:
This was a good book but dificult to understand. I rate this a 4.
posted May 30, 2007 at 12:40PM
melting hearts said:
this book has great suspense and plot. i never guessed about the rat. this is probably my fave book in the series even tho one of my friends ruined the ending for me. try it you know you want to, all the other kids are doing it!!!!
posted May 22, 2007 at 5:26PM
Hailey said:
if were ever thinking about reading a harry potter book than this is the book for you! This book is a great way to introduce to Harry. this is a mix inbetween adventure and fantsy.
posted May 15, 2007 at 4:29PM
Hailey said:
posted May 15, 2007 at 4:29PM
nicole said:
the is an great book it is the frist in the searies
posted Apr 29, 2007 at 5:24PM
nicole said:
the is an great book it is the frist in the searies
posted Apr 29, 2007 at 5:24PM
WestEM said:
Again, representative of the series.
posted Feb 22, 2007 at 1:30PM
gIrLgOeSsHoPpInG said:
Great book! Funny and makes you wanna read more!!!!!! J.K. Rowling is one of my favorite authors!
posted Sep 17, 2006 at 10:20AM
Sophia said:
I thout this was a really good book beacause there is alot af excitement. I also like this book because there are wizards.
posted Aug 14, 2006 at 11:48AM
Sophia said:
posted Aug 14, 2006 at 11:48AM
Andrew said:
It was a very good book.I think if your in second or third grade you should read it.
posted Aug 10, 2006 at 1:20PM
Andrew said:
posted Aug 10, 2006 at 1:20PM
Verity said:
One of the best books in the world!
posted Jun 28, 2006 at 10:46AM
Katy said:
This is book is my favorite out of the Harry Potter series. I love the suspense and the humor that Rowling portrays in this book!! I garuntee anyone who will read this book will laugh out loud!!!
Olivia said:
I think that it has a lot of action and adventure. It is my favorite one in the series. If you like Lemony Snicket then you will love this book. Even if you don't like Lemony you will still like this. Make sure to read the 1st one 1st. Then the 2ed, then the 3ed, then the 4th, and once it comes out the 5th. Make sure to try it. I really recomend it.
Susan said:
It really continued the magic of the first and second Harry Potter books. It's actually my personal favorite of all the Harry Potter books; there are lots of new characters and a completely new plot.
Taylor said:
Harry Potter comes to Hogwarts for his third year, while a prizoner at Azkaban escapes. That prizoner just happens to be Sirius Black, a follower of Voldemort that was involved in the death of Harry's parents. Then, one night while he is walking back to the school from Hagrid's, Harry and his friends, Ron and Hermoine, are taken into Sirius's hide-out. Sirius tells Harry that he is innosent and not to reveal his whereabouts. But Sevus Snape, Harry's least favorite teacher finds out and is about to turn Black in, when Sirius escapes.
Lily said:
I thought this book was wonderful. Harry made a great comeback. It was adventerous and wild. This book was great!
Hillary said:
Harry's third year of hogwarts.A man named Black has escaped and people are saying he wants to get him. Will he make his third year?
charlie said:
I thought this book was really good. It was very exiting.
Dayna said:
Even better then the first and second book with a excitment around every corner.
Linda said:
This book was both amusing and incredibly enjoyable. Something extraodinary always happens to Harry Potter. This story entertained me for a long time and I just felt like reading it again and again whenever I am bored.
Chad said:
This book is the best in a billion ways. One, this book tells the story really clearly. This is a five star book because friendship is all this story is about!!!
Chad said:
Man was that cool or what this is just the best book ever!! Read and see the horror and special efects!!!
tri said:
Very very cool! Harry is now thirteen and he is not safe. A prisoner is trying to get him, or is he? Find out if you read this book.