home > bookspace > my comments > comment: romiette and julio /
Romiette and Julio
Sharon M. Draper
Teen Fiction DRAPER

lonna said:
Its a gud book but some of the dialogue is unrealistic.
posted Aug 21, 2009 at 1:05PM
Aden said:
Romiette and Julio was a very good book. It had non stop drama or romance. This book is really good and you will get hooked the first page you read!!!! :)
posted Mar 27, 2007 at 6:41PM
leticia said:
i liked it because it really concetrated onlove between two different people of different race.
posted Oct 20, 2006 at 9:02PM
Jordan said:
I think that this book was amazing. It has so much drama and romance. I could probably read it a million times and still be amazed. Sharon Draper has real talent. She really did capture the suspense and the personality of each and every person.
posted Apr 2, 2005
Rachel said:
Romiette and Julio is an interesting modern day version of Romio and Juliette. It adresses issues of mixing races, and gangs. Although this book was very good all around, there were some things I didn't like. Some of the diolauge was unrealalistic, that I don't think real people would really say. Also, some repetitive wording made the book boring at times.
posted Jun 9, 2004
Michelle said:
I thought this book was fantastic; I was totally hooked. This is the kind of romance that would never happen in real life but it always seems that way. The story is so cute and I loved reading each page.
Casey said:
This book has a lot of the same similarities as the epic love story "Rome and Juliette" But this story does not end in heart break but an emotion even stronger "Love" To read this book you will find that the forces of Love can survive the wildest storm the most terrifying violence. This book has just about everything, Love,Sadness,Kidnapping,Violence, and the everyday teenagers. I loved this book I could not put it down, it was soo captivating!

related book lists

main characters Julio Montague
Meets Romiette in a chat room; family moves to get away from gang violence; falls in love with Romiette; gang tries to keep Romiette away.

Romiette Cappelle
Meets Julio in a chat room; falls in love with Julio; gang tries to keep her away from Julio because he is a foreigner.
Student