home > bookspace > my comments > comment: harry potter and the goblet of fire /
Harry Potter and the goblet of fire
Rowling, J. K.
Children's Fiction ROWLING

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

Georgia said:
This book is about Harry Potter when his name gets dropped in the goblet of fire and he is forced to play in games. At the end he has to fight Voldemort.
posted Mar 13, 2013 at 10:43AM
Georgia said:
posted Mar 13, 2013 at 10:43AM
Georgia said:
This book is about Harry Potter gets his name dropped in the Goblet of fire.He has to fight Voldemort and risk his life
posted Mar 8, 2013 at 2:30PM
Georgia said:
posted Mar 8, 2013 at 2:30PM
Mya said:
This book was awesome, exciting, and surprising. The tasks in the Triwizard Cup are so intense!! Don't read this sentence if you don't want it to be spoiled- Harry is a fourth champion in the Triwizard Cup!!!!
posted Jan 8, 2013 at 8:06PM
jazzy2 said:
My favorite out of all the books. Never a dull moment, recommend it to anyone!
posted Mar 12, 2012 at 2:16PM
Mari said:
In this book Harry has to face three tasks in order to win a cup. The first task he faces is fighting a dragon, the second task he faces is swimming underwater, and the last task is going through a difficult maze. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes the Harry Potter series.
posted Dec 31, 2011 at 8:56AM
Mari said:
posted Dec 31, 2011 at 8:56AM
Won the 2001 Hugo Award.
posted Jul 25, 2011 at 3:25PM
soccergirl56 said:
This book is so good I read 7 times in a row!
posted Jul 8, 2011 at 2:34PM
ursula said:
it is an awesome page turner
posted Jul 1, 2011 at 11:37AM
Sophie said:
This book is about Harry, Ron, and Hermione. It is when Harry does some challenges with some other students. Harry is not old enough to do the challenges but someone puts his name in the goblet. Read the book to find out what happens.
posted Jul 20, 2010 at 5:41PM
Sophie said:
posted Jul 20, 2010 at 5:41PM
this was my FAVORITE ONE !!! You’re insane if you’ve never read it!!
posted Apr 1, 2010 at 5:46PM
In this book, someone puts Harry's name in the Goblet of Fire to participate in the Triwizard Tournament. Only the tournament is for 17 year olds. Someone is trying to kill Harry! In the third and final task,Harry touches the Triwizard Cup and realizes it's a Portkey. He meets Voldemort and Voldemort kills another champion that grabbed the Cup too. If you like violence and suspence, be sure to read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
posted Mar 31, 2010 at 8:13PM
Matt said:
Another absolutely brilliant book by J.K. Rowling. The Harry Potter series is the best series there is out there. The Harry Potter #4 is about a tournament of wizards.There are usually 3 lucky wizards that get to play. There are two other rival schools of witchcraft and wizardry coming to Hogworts too. But this year there are 4 wizards and the 4th one is Harry Potter! there are three tasks. The first one is you must get past a dragon to get a golden egg without getting killed.SCARY! the second task is you must go under water to get one of your friends. Harry had to save Ron. Fortunatly, Harry did it. The last task is... you will have to read the book to find out what the last task is.
posted Feb 2, 2009 at 7:59PM
Matt said:
posted Feb 2, 2009 at 7:59PM
softball_luver14 said:
This was my FAVORITE one! There was so much adventure and intrigue I could hardly put it down! I loved how there was so much stuff going on in one chapter! There was the tournament, Krum, Ron's thing with Fleur, it was all so good!!!!!!!
posted Jun 30, 2008 at 5:04PM
softball_luver14 said:
This one is the best book of the series and is the best movie of the series also!
posted Jun 30, 2008 at 3:43PM
Ruth said:
I looooove this book because it is filled with adventure!!! This book is the first book in the series that really has Lord Voldemort in it and is really scary. But, is an awesome book!
posted Aug 11, 2007 at 2:34PM
Ruth said:
posted Aug 11, 2007 at 2:34PM
Malin said:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is a very good book. I think this because as the other readers get older, Harry get's older and so do the rest of the characters. There are some comlicated words and parts for younger kids though, but if you are younger than 10 years of age, you should probably stick to like the first Harry Potter book, and maybe the second.
posted Jul 29, 2007 at 5:47PM
Rob said:
I LOVE this book. My fav. part is when Harry and Voldemort duell
posted Jul 26, 2007 at 9:19AM
Rob said:
I LOVE this book. My fav. part is when Harry and Voldemort duell
posted Jul 26, 2007 at 9:19AM
Beth,Emily said:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is so intriguing! Harry got entered in the Triwizard Tournament. He wasn't supposed to get entered but he has to do the 3 tasks anyway since the Goblet chose his name. And the tasks are supposed to be really dangerous and people have got killed in the past. (You'll have to read the book to see if anybody dies). I highly recommend this book for anybody who likes suspension, unexpected things, action, and of course, magic!
posted Jun 27, 2007 at 8:08PM
Lisa_mini said:
It’s a waste of time! Don’t read it! I didn’t like reading it either. Books like this, takes away time from other useful activities such as exercise, school homework, studying, extra curricular activities, etc. Might also get glasses (short-sighted) from staring at the pages for long periods of time!
posted Oct 28, 2006 at 12:58PM
raul said:
I think that this book was great. But, J.K Rowling should have added more to harry and Ron fighting. Like when harry wanted Ron to hit him, Ron should’ve, and Harry should have too.
posted Aug 15, 2006 at 7:55PM
Andrew said:
It was very long.I liked it when he did the events.Read it you'll like it!
posted Aug 10, 2006 at 1:12PM
Shazia said:
I thought this book was extremely entertaining. It had action, adventure, drama, and humor all in one. It is close to 700 pages! I liked this book a lot with all of the other Harry Potter books. I would recommend this book to all ages. I was very sad when Cedric Diggory died and when Voldemort came back to power.
posted Aug 5, 2006 at 10:45PM
Shazia said:
posted Aug 5, 2006 at 10:45PM
Luis said:
This book is awesome!!! One of the best books I've ever read!
posted Aug 5, 2006 at 2:09PM
Elizabeth said:
I think It's one of my greatest book i haved ever read with excitement, adventures,courages and many more.
Rachel said:
It was a great book! I think anyone would like the Harry Potter if thay are interested in magic or whitches and wizards. Harry Potter is about a young wizard.
Susan said:
Harry Potter is now 14, but the excitement won't stop now!!! From the TriWizard tournament to the Yule Ball, the adventours never end!
Olivia said:
This was a really good book. In my opinion, it is the best book in the series so far. It reveals alot about Harry and his past, as well as information on other characters. I definately recomend it!
Matt said:
it was a lot of fun to read
mitchell said:
I loved all the books.I loved the 4th the most.
Elizabeth said:
This book was the best Harry Potter Book yet. My Favorite part is when Viktor Krum tries to pronounce Hermione's name
Catherine said:
I think this book is sort of funny. But I would not be ascardy cat and read it.But I would recomend it.
Josh said:
this book just keeps getting better and beter
Kate said:
This book is exciting and dangerous. It will take you out of your seat and you will never put it down.
Carolyn said:
this book begens as a harmls trenemt intill harry gets picked then it teurns BAD!
Dayna said:
The longest book and the best book so far where the smallest mistake is the biggest!!!
Bri said:
This book is very good. It is scary at the begining. Other than that, It is very good.
alex said:
this book was a intresting book and in the book harry potter does tasks and my favorite is the maze.
Michael said:
this book was great! it was so cool and exciting. I can't wait until the 5th book comes out! Woo-Hoo!
Taylor said:
Harry Potter is a fourth year at Hogwarts. The Ministry of Magic has recently agreed to allow Hogwarts to hold the Triwizard Tournament for the first time in fifty years. Harry learns that the Triwizard Tournament is when students from each wizard and witch school enter into the contest. Then the goblet of fire will chose the student that will represent each school in the tournament. Unfourtunatly, Harry is not within the age limit. As everyone suspects, Cedric Diggory earns the honor of representing Hogwarts school. Then, to everyone's suprize, Harry Potter is chosen as well. Harry preforms three tasks, but also encounters what could be the last adventure of his life. Will he survive? Read the book to find out!!
Tri said:
Exciting, magical, and scary. Always have something to think about.
Hillary said:
Harry has been escaping almmost everytime Voldemort tried to kill him the school year has changed because of quidditch. Will he survive again?
Ashley said:
It is about a boy named Harry Potter who is picked to be a Triwizard Champion. The Triwizard Tournament is a tournament that the three champions have to accomplish tasks in order to win. Harry is chosen to be a champion but he did not put his name in the Goblet of Fire. Hhe now must face a series of challenging tasks. He did not put his name in the Goblet and he does not know who did.
posted Apr 25, 2006 at 8:13PM
Ben said:
I thought this was the best book of all!
posted Jan 10, 2006 at 7:08PM
Jack said:
This harry potter book is tremendously my favorite!. J.K Rowling is the best author! Ron Weasly is the funniest Character. if you have read any of the Harry Potter books you would say the same too!! You have to read this whole magical, adventuring series! You will absulutely positutly be amazed!! read them, its like totally A !!!
posted Dec 30, 2005 at 5:02PM
Victoria said:
If you like books about dragons, mermaids, and mazes, this book is surely for you. Harry Potter, Ron Weasly, and Herminoie Granger are the main people in this fantastic book. The Twizerd Torniment is the big computition that only people over seventeen can enter. However, somebody has fooled the Goblet(the Goblet is the thing that decides who will compete for their school)to try to kill Harry. The Goblet now says that Harry must compete. So what are waiting for? Pick up the book and read!
posted Dec 7, 2005 at 2:35PM
Tess said:
Harry Potter #4 is magical but also darker.Something exciting and new is happening at Hogwarts. As the characters get older they also get braver,so read this book and all the other books of Harry Potter's magical adventures!
posted Nov 25, 2005 at 5:33PM
Lyubov said:
In this book harry gets to enter in to the contest in witch he didnt enter.He will get in and out of any trouble.how does he do it? will he make it trough the contest? And will he meat with he who must not be named(lord woldomort)? I will recomend this book to evryone.
posted Aug 24, 2005
Lyubov said:
I liked this book becouse it had all kinds of emotions in it.It was sad it was happy also some times funny.In this book Hary gets to play a match in with only 16year olds can play. And once again he coms eye to eye with Lord woldomort.
posted Jul 10, 2005
Jackie said:
Wow!!! I loved this book. This is one of the best books I've read so far. Anyone who says yuck to this book, I think you have a verry differnt veiw of what books are bad.
posted Jun 16, 2005 at 11:46AM
Aaron said:
I thought it was even better the the third book. it had a lot of unexpected events. i couldn't put it down for a minute. [Series: Harry Potter #4]
posted Oct 12, 2004
Laura said:
This book was amazing! How could she write such a good story? No book could top this off!
posted Aug 4, 2004 at 9:02AM
Nate said:
It was about when Harry Potter gets picked to go to a contest to see who is the best wizird. But they haven't had the contest for 17 years because in the last contest a wizard got killed. I think you should read this book because I think you would enjoy this book as much as I did.
posted Jun 24, 2004 at 2:58PM
Daniel said:
Harry in The Third Task...that part about Cedric was exciting.Voldemort really had a come back.I suggest kids all over the world should read this!
posted May 24, 2004 at 2:59PM
Ben said:
This book was great!!!!!When I first looked at it I thought it was way to long and I would never finish it. I ended up reading it in 5 days.If you liked the first 3. Then you should for sure read this book. Even if you are a slow reading you will love it!!!!!!!!
posted May 19, 2004 at 10:23PM
Amy said:
This book was my favorite out of the Harry Potter series. It is so descriptive, it makes me feel like im there. It is definately a page-turner. Even though its 734 pages, it's hard to set down. So much is going on at once, it makes you just want to find out what happens to Harry at the end. It's a GREAT book!
Emma said:
This book was the BEST!!! it has a really great story line and a lot of god detail's. Rowling has a really nice way of writing things. In her books, she has a way of writing things that kids, teens, and adults can understand and appretiate. This was the best book (in my opinion) of the five Harry Potter books that have come out in the U.S.A.
Katie said:
I thought that this book was incredably good. It had a great story line, there was good and evil. There was a lot of action all thoughout the book. I liked how you didn't know who what good and who was bad until the very end. I found it very interesting to go into the world of wizards and witches. J.K. Rowling does a great job at describing the creatures and how everything looks but also how you still use you imagination. i recomend this book to everyone that loves fantsy and action books.
Kim said:
I thought this book was the most suspensful book that I have ever read! It was surely the best out of the four Harry Potter books. It had a great story and I think everyone who likes adventure and has a great imagination should read this book.
Mohamed said:
Even though my brother suggested (quite strongly) for me to read this book, I wasn't interested. However, when I started I couldn't stop. The book flows so well, and there is one surprise after another. It is an awesome book.
Quinn said:
I Thought That The Book Is Wonderful. I've Read It Over And Over Many Times! Each Book Gets Better And Better!. I Can't Wait For Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix, You Should Buy It If Your A Harry Potter Fan!