home > bookspace > my comments > comment: stargirl /
Stargirl
Jerry Spinelli
Teen Fiction SPINELL

One of those awesome, incredible books that makes you think different and turns your head in a different direction. I love Jerry Spinelli.
posted Dec 4, 2012 at 7:48PM
said:
Probably my favorite book of all time! it is all about a unique girl who is not afraid to be herself. It also has a good dash of romance too! So good and a little sad.
posted Jun 25, 2011 at 8:55PM
Sad&good.
posted Sep 4, 2010 at 6:27PM
amoeba said:
such a unique girl is Stargirl, she is what she wants to be and rocks everyone's world for that
posted Aug 24, 2010 at 12:30AM
Dahliah said:
The author of this book really changed the way I look at people. He wrote such an important life lesson.
posted Jun 16, 2010 at 11:07AM
Rebekah said:
I really liked this Book. It was very interesting. I liked this book because it was intriguing. I would recomend this to girls that like books with a little bit of fantasy. READ IT!!!!!!!
posted Jun 24, 2009 at 11:00AM
Rebekah said:
posted Jun 24, 2009 at 11:00AM
emma 01 said:
This was a great book! Stargirl is one of those people who can just get carried away in thought and imagination. I LOVED it!
posted Feb 15, 2009 at 1:08PM
i love this book it is about a girl who has renamed herself as stargirl and is now finding out that she likes a kid named leo
posted Jul 12, 2008 at 9:22AM
Emilya bobly said:
OMG!!!!!!! My friend told me to read it in third grade but I didn’t till 8th grade. All I can say is I wish I read it earlier. I LOVED IT AND SO WILL YOU!!!
posted Jul 3, 2008 at 7:44PM
Caroline said:
This book is a good book for pre-teens or more muture girls. Also some boys might like it, but it is more for the girls.
posted Jul 2, 2008 at 8:48PM
Caroline said:
posted Jul 2, 2008 at 8:48PM
chicagojane said:
I read this book a long time ago but i still remember every beautiful detail about it. It was truly touching story and it was so well- written DEFINITE READ PPL!!!!!!
posted Aug 22, 2007 at 1:16PM
Jordann said:
Star Girl is my favorite book. I’ve read it about 3 times so far, and still, every time it makes me cry. Its one of those books that you cant put down. It shows you that, no matter what you look or act like you’ll always have someone that loves you.
posted Aug 20, 2007 at 11:32PM
Kenda said:
This a very touching story about a girl that has been home schooled all her life but this year she decides to go to a public high school. The kids there no she is different. She wears dresses every day to school, when it rains she goes outside and dances, and when its someones birthday she sings to them&&.will these kids ever be able to change her to fit in to their school? Age: 12
posted Aug 8, 2007 at 1:20PM
Frances PR said:
Hi! I must say that this novel was very interesting. Showing the reality on how kids want to be their own way without caring about what others think about you. It has to be about showing the people that what's inside, it's what counts, being yourself and unique.
posted May 5, 2007 at 9:38PM
Mar said:
My daughter told me about this book after her fifth-grade teacher read it to the class. It’s beautiful and poignant in a way that made me both joyful and sad. Anyone who’s ever felt different from other kids will relate to both Stargirl’s desire to be herself and Leo’s fear of being shunned. The story is a portrait of courage and second chances, failure and forgiveness. Readers will believe in Stargirl’s magic and come away from the book wanting to be kinder and more tolerant, curious and adventuresome.
posted Feb 9, 2007 at 10:28AM
danni said:
I really really enjoy this story.
posted Nov 3, 2006 at 11:16PM
Hannah said:
This book is a good read. The character of Stargirl is someone that we all want to be. Sadly it does show what would actually happen if we threw off any care for what others thought about us. The book griped me emotionally because you feel so much for the character Stargirl. Overall a good read.
posted Oct 17, 2006 at 10:37PM
Hannah said:
posted Oct 17, 2006 at 10:37PM
Olive said:
I loved this book because it wasn’t typical, and although it was hard to understand I liked it because of the authenticity of stargirl and what she brought to the story. It has a really good moral and I think it teaches an incredible lesson.
posted Jul 16, 2006 at 10:00AM
Lo said:
This truley is a great book. You will always remember the moral of the story, even though you may forget the charactors or details.
posted Jun 20, 2006 at 11:41PM
McKenzie said:
This book was interesting and fun. I like the title of it and the author is one of my favorite author.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Emma said:
I LOVED this book! My mom and I both read it together for our mother-daughter book club! I think it sends a really good messege about not caring what other people think of you, just be yourself. It's about a girl who's new at a school and every day it seems she changes her name. Everyone makes fun of her for her looks, or what she does and she just doesn't care and finally people begin to notice that she's much more happy than they are and she's the one getting teased.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Christina said:
In this story everyone is so caught up with themselves, it is un believable! Until one day Star girl arrives and everyone opens their eyes. At first everyone loves her... then something goes wrong terriably wrong. I would not recomend this book to boys because it is more of a "girly" type of book.
posted Nov 15, 2005
Kaileen said:
Ever since fifth grade I've been waiting to read this book, but kept forgetting and never really had the chance. Now, I'm glad I have. This book is written in first person through the perspective of a high-school student named Leo, but the book itself if about an unusual girl who came to his school named Stargirl. From Leo's view, you will see what the school thinks about the wacky individual through their school year. I highly recommend this book-a great summer read!
posted Jun 17, 2005
Dia said:
Kind of wierd. Kind of didn't get it, but it was good
posted Apr 18, 2005
Gretchen said:
This book is about a girl and how she became really popular by just playing a ukulele!!! It is a fun and a suspenseful fabulus book! I courage you to read this book.
posted Mar 9, 2005 at 11:14AM
Kara said:
I think this is a pretty good book. It's about a girl who is a model and it gives you a good idea on what type of things could go on at school. It shows you how some people like to reject other people.
posted Feb 15, 2005
Joan said:
A great book for fith grade and up.
posted Jan 19, 2005 at 9:18AM
Tori said:
This is a great book about a girl who went from homeschooling to a real school. She also has a highschool crush on a boy named Leo
posted Dec 4, 2004
Lindsey said:
I really enjoyed this book i couldn't put it down it really shows how in school everyone always trys to hide who they really are just to fit in and the moral of the story is you just have to be yourself
posted Oct 11, 2004
Sherstin said:
It made me think about how everyone is so alike in school, and in the world. How everyone should be different in their own sort of way, but we're all afraid of what others will think of us.
posted Oct 5, 2004
Emma said:
I really liked this book. It's about a girl who comes new to a school and nobody knows her. She comes in every day all dressed up and different and everybody thinks she's wierd. Every day at school she says she's somebody different by changing her name every day. She says she's trying out different ones to she what she likes. But one day she becomes friends with the main character and he asks her why she does all of these things. And she says she's just being herself and she really doesn't care what people think. But then as it goes on in this new school for her she learns that everybody finds her wierd and she starts worrying about what people do think. That's when she starts being different and sad. When she cares what people are thinking about her constantly she get sad and self-conscience. It teaches you that when you are worried about other people you don't get to know yourself. And you shouldn't worry about what other people think of you either because you'll be a lot more happy when you just don't worry what they think of you just what you think of yourself.
posted Jul 19, 2004
Alison said:
I thought this book was great. At first you can't tell who is narrating the book cause they never say a name, but you get it. This book is about a girl who is free, wild, independent, and she shakes the world of Mica High School, where everyone acts the same. Stargirl is popular for being different, but then the school turns on her, and everyone hates her. Leo, afraid what will happen, asks her to do one thing: be normal. Can Stargirl do it? What will happen? You have to read, but its VERY GOOD. I LOVE IT
posted Jun 5, 2004
David said:
This book, it's a must read book on my list. It is book of childhood, romance, humor, and school. Reading this book made me realize how important it were to just be you. It is a great book for people who are in second grade and higher. Reading this book never gets old. It is always interesting because when reading through, you always get a different picture in your mind. This book can teach even an adult a thing or two. I advise all to read this book.
posted May 26, 2004 at 12:53PM
Danny said:
In the book Stargirl, they deal with life, love and being you. It has amazing twists all of the time, it never goes slow and no matter how many times you read it, it always goes quickly. Overall this is a great book and a must read.
posted May 26, 2004 at 12:44PM
Jack said:
This was an awesome book. Several parts of it made me cry. I also thought that the parts of this book that promoted non-conformity were awesome, seeing fas I myself do not conform to social standards. I was happy to learn that there are teen books out there that aren't about the popular crowd and that I can relate to. Recommended mostly to teens, but this isn't strcitly a teen book. It's just that teens will understand it better.
Jenny said:
I think this book is exteremely strange, yet a tale of true love, destiney, and poetry!!
Marie said:
I loved this book too. I really like true stories but this one wasn't but it really could happen to anyone. I read it in 2 days, I just couldn't put it down it is soooooooo funny! I would recommen it to anyone!
Julie said:
I really liked the book STARGIRL. It was really fun to read and many of my friends also like it! Stargirl seems like a really cool person once they get to know her!
Linda said:
Incredibly awesome. Stargirl is like a mockingbird. It imitates calls of extincted birds.