home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the princess diaries /
The princess diaries
Meg Cabot
Teen Fiction CABOT

Its just wonderful!!!
posted Oct 21, 2012 at 8:54AM
cantstopreading said:
I love this book! I read it in one sitting, it is so funny and very good!
posted Aug 25, 2012 at 8:20PM
Mustafa said:
I enjoyed reading this book. It was about a teenage girl named Mia who suddenly finds out she is a princess of Genovia!
posted Jun 29, 2012 at 7:19PM
Mustafa said:
posted Jun 29, 2012 at 7:19PM
I only read this because it was so popular, and I wanted to know what other teens like in books. And I can see why some girls would like it. The idea was great: a normal, unpopular girl finds out she’s a princess and finds herself. However, because all the characters are unbelievable, I must confess I did not like it.
posted Nov 27, 2011 at 8:34PM
I really loved the book. I first read the book than saw the movie. if you like a little romance and some comedy this book is the one for you!!!
posted Apr 12, 2011 at 7:04AM
probablynarnia said:
*shudder* Pink books. For some reason they've always bothered me. Anyhoo, this is a lot different than the Disney version (trust me, Mia's Grandmère is so not Julie Andrews). Mia is a lot more opinionated and awkward than the movie, too. Good, probably for younger teens.
posted Sep 23, 2010 at 10:03PM
funny, fun nad a great read
posted Nov 14, 2009 at 11:49AM
Heba said:
I always just loved the movie, so I finally decided to read the book. The book was really good in its own way because it was a little different from the movie. Its fun to compare the movie books to the actual film. I loved the book much more then the movie, you decide!
posted Oct 28, 2009 at 11:45AM
Heba said:
posted Oct 28, 2009 at 11:45AM
I saw the movie and i’m so excited to read the book!!! I love reading so much and i think it will be fun! i let you know how good it is when i’m done reading it!
posted Mar 13, 2009 at 8:23PM
BookLove123 said:
This book is great! If you like romance, Comedy, and a bit a drama this book is for you!
posted Jun 29, 2008 at 8:24PM
bookwormgirl422 said:
If you love the movie your going to love the book!!!! Read the whole series! It great!
posted Jun 29, 2008 at 2:02PM
Mustafa said:
I liked reading this book because I thought it was interesting to see how someone so clueless would have to become a princess in such a limited time. Mia is the princess to be, whether she likes it or not. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good read.
posted Jun 22, 2008 at 9:16PM
Mustafa said:
posted Jun 22, 2008 at 9:16PM
a4ever said:
There are a lot of these book and they're all very enjoyably.
posted Feb 12, 2008 at 11:35PM
dancingfreak said:
A fabulous book for teenage girls.
posted Oct 22, 2007 at 2:25PM
Inshehar said:
As well as the hit movie, this book is wonderful. It's about a 15 year old girl named Mia, who believes she's "only good at being invisible." She's clumsy and the last one to make you even think that she's really a princess. After hearing the shocking news, her grandmother, who's a Queen, gives Mia princess lessons and gives her an amazing makeover. Although, would she take the role of becoming princess of Genovia, or will she refuse it completely? Read this book!!
posted Jun 13, 2007 at 9:20PM
Inshehar said:
posted Jun 13, 2007 at 9:20PM
Kirsten Vacura said:
It's a great thriller for girls who love fairytales that are realistic fiction. The way Mia Thermopolis writes in her day-to-day life is a great way to have fun while reading, and I loved it!!!!!!!!! READ IT!!!!
posted May 15, 2007 at 10:42AM
Kay said:
This is a great book for girls. It is Laugh out loud funny! It tells of Mia who just found out that she is the heir the Genovian throne. Mia has a funny point of view on every event!
posted May 15, 2007 at 10:40AM
Kay said:
posted May 15, 2007 at 10:40AM
Stephanie said:
This book is really good!! It's the begining of a seiries. The book is really funny. The whole series is really good!!!
posted Apr 16, 2007 at 8:33PM
Stephanie said:
posted Apr 16, 2007 at 8:33PM
This is the first in a series of "princess" books.
posted Feb 21, 2007 at 3:52PM
Lizzie G said:
This book is SO GOOD it’s not even funny. Well, actually, the book is really funny, and I could really relate to the things that Mia goes through. I’m on the fourth book in the series,and hoping to go on until the seventh!
posted Nov 22, 2006 at 10:26AM
Inshehar said:
I loved this book, along with the Princess Diaries movie! It's about what every typical girl dreams to be...not a princess. Mia is shocked to hear from her grandmother, who is the Queen of the fictional country of Genovia, that she is a princess, and that she can rule the country of Genovia by blood, since her father was a Prince. Amazing book! A must read!
posted Oct 27, 2006 at 8:49PM
Inshehar said:
posted Oct 27, 2006 at 8:49PM
Aly said:
This book was really good. This book is actually my favorite book, and is writen by my favorite Auther.
posted Jul 20, 2006 at 9:14AM
Aly said:
posted Jul 20, 2006 at 9:14AM
Inshehar said:
This was a great book! It was about a neardy, high school girl named Mia, that believed her only expecation in life was to be invisable. After having tea with her Grandmother, she finds out that her father, whom passed away, is really a King, and Mia is really princess of Genovia! Although, does she accept the throne? Read this book to find out!
posted Jul 15, 2006 at 8:02PM
Inshehar said:
posted Jul 15, 2006 at 8:02PM
Inshehar said:
This book is about a self-centered 15-year old girl named Mia. Mia is a neardy looking teenager who believes that "My only objective in life is to be invisible, and I'm good at it." After having a cup of tea with her grandmother in the garden, she finds out the truth that's been hidden from her for fifteen years; she is a Princess. "For fifteen years, you couldn't find a spare minute to tell me that my father was a royal?!" Now Mia has to learn to sit, stand, eat, dress, walk, and talk like a princess. Will she make it in time for the Royal Genovian Ball? Read this book to find out!
posted Jun 6, 2006 at 11:16PM
Erica said:
I thought it was great. It was very descriptive and funny. I couldn't pu it down.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
harriet said:
this is a really good book about a girl named mia who finds out shes a princess!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Sarah said:
shes like a geek at first but then she finds out that shes a princess and very cool.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
shelby said:
I thought this was the greatess book!! It is in a series. If you liked the movie princess daries you will love this book, it tells about a girl named Mia and she just finds out she is a princess learn about her life and her love life. This is a very funny book. [Series: Princess Diaries # 1]
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
becca said:
This is a great book.The characters are mia thermopolis her mom and her dad.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Bobbi said:
This was such a great book. I loved this. It's a top ten book
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Madhvi said:
I love reading the princess diaries books. They are my favorite. I hope they keep making movie and more princess dairies books. The book is about this one girl named 'mia Theormopolis'and how she finds out she is a princess of small nation called Genovia that she had to rule in future. The rest of the story is about what happenes in her life after that. You would NEVER get tired of reading these books..
posted Oct 26, 2005
Jennifer said:
I thought this book had a great theme. I liked the book personally because I can relate to Mia as being different. I also liked the book because Mia was such a funny character and I liked the fact that she didn't want to be a princess. It made the book hilarious!!!! [Series: The Princess Diaries #1]
posted Aug 5, 2005
Inshehar said:
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was about a teenager named Mia Thermopolis that just tring to get through 10th grade. Then, after having a "tea party" with her grandmother, Clarisse(who is the queen, but Mia doesn't know that...yet), she tells her that her father, who past away a few years ago, is the King of Genovia, and she is the crowned princess of Genovia! Read this book! [Series: The Princess Diaries #1]
posted Jun 24, 2005
Macy said:
This is such a good book. I just loved this book. It was about how this one girl finds out that her father is prince of Genovia and now she has to be a princess. She had to get lessons from her grandma, which she really hated. Read the book to find out more. [Series: The Princess Diaries #1]
posted Jun 22, 2005
Amy said:
I would actually give this book a three and a half but it rounds up to a four. I didn't like the Princess Diaries the movie, I did think the book was more realistic but I think it is sort of cheesy. A lot of things happen differently in the book, most of them I think are better but overall it wasn't my favorite. [Series: Princess Diaries #1]
posted Mar 5, 2005
Sara said:
I LUVED THIS BOOK!!! the princess diaries series is my fav series and the author, meg cabot, is my fav author. (check out her website... www.megcabot.com) this is a great series... but the books should b read by GRLS ONLY!!! (ne1 who's read them will know wat i mean...) [Series: Princess Diaries #1]
posted Jun 28, 2004
Inshehar said:
This Book described Amelia Thermopoli's life day by day. It explained her life as it changed from a girl to a princess. It's like reading your friends diary; wanting to know all about her life. I think every girl will love the book, of if they prefer, the movie. [Series: Princess Diaries #1]
posted Jun 12, 2004
Sara said:
i thought this was a really good book. it's about an average teenage grl who thinks she's just a freak/klutz/nerd, but then her grandma surprises her with news that will change her life 4ever. princess diaries is the first in a series of seven. they'r kinda like the movie, but not exactly. i would really recommend reading this book.
posted May 13, 2004
Leslie said:
A book about a 14 yr old Mia who struggles with algebra, family, and shes just found out that shes a princess! [Series: The Princess Diaries #1]
posted May 8, 2004
Lindsey said:
This book was awesome I really enjoyed it, Its reallt different from the movie her Dad isn't dead. They live in New York and Mia is only a freshman at high school. I highly recommend it I just started Princess in the spot light then onto Princess in love and Princess in waiting I can't wait!
Kimberly said:
I thought this book was fantastic! It is filled with a girls most private thoughts and feelings on daily life experiences. Its filled with humor, thoughts of boys, and your little average annoying best friend and I recommend it for teens all around.
Kimi said:
I thought this@ was a really good book. Once I picked it up I couldn't put it down! The story is about a teenager name Mia who finds out she is the heir to the throne of a country called Genovia. It is really entertaining. Meg Cabot make Mia seem real like you have known her for all of your life! In my opinion this is one of the best books ever! [Series: Princess Diaries #1]
Gemma said:
This book is very different from the movie as you might have seen. But relative to the movie, this book is laugh- out loud funny. Her perspective of all this new princess stuff is very realistic and told very well. I think anybody could read this book and be very pleased with it's contents. [Series: Princess Diaries #1]
Ashley said:
I think it really tells about situations teenagers go through and being all of sudden rich. It explains a lot. I think the author put the book in specific detail.
Ashley said:
This book is about a girl whose parents a divorced. One day this grandmother whose she has never seen comes to her and says that she is the princess of Genovia. She has to take many princess lessons. This book's moral is to be true to yourself. [Series: Princess Diaries #1]
Rose said:
I LOVED all 4 of these books. They are funny and down to earth. They discuss topics that face today's teens, but there is an interesting twist. I would definetly recommend these books for GIRLS ages 12 to 120!!!! [Series: Princess Diaries #1]