home > bookspace > my comments > comment: on the banks of plum creek /
On the banks of Plum Creek
Laura Wilder
Children's Fiction WILDER

Comments  Summary  Contents  Excerpt  Reviews  Author Notes

Ella said:
I like reading about the olden days, but am glad we have electricity! It is neat to read about what life used to be like back then.
posted Aug 16, 2010 at 9:34PM
Ella said:
posted Aug 16, 2010 at 9:34PM
Ella said:
I liked this book because the girl in the story is about my age, but her life was very different. She lived in a dugout and didn't have many toys. She lived in pioneer times and was born in 1867. She has a dog named Jack.
posted Jun 18, 2010 at 12:43PM
Ella said:
posted Jun 18, 2010 at 12:43PM
An great book.I loved the adventures they had.
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 4:26PM
A good book.
posted Sep 30, 2008 at 8:41PM
Avatar for KidLinks librarians KidLinks librarians said:
In this 4th book in the series, Laura and her family move to a new home in Walnut Grove, Minnesota. They live in a dugout until a new house is built. The nearby creek and swimming hole lure Laura with dangerous, yet thrilling adventures. The family faces challenges of a flood, a blizzard, and grasshoppers. You can also drive southwest about 150 miles to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum at Walnut Grove, MN.
posted Jun 2, 2008 at 1:00PM
K said:
My 6 year old son has listened to 3 of the LIW books and loves them. He has even listened to some CDs more than once. He says he cannot get enough! I only wish the library website listed the order. We had to go to Amazon.com to see the order in which the 9 books go. Also, I wish the library had the last 3 on CD...they only have the books.
posted Aug 2, 2006 at 1:15PM
Lindsay said:
I loved it! My favorite part was when Pa took Mary and Laura to the swimming hole.
posted Jun 8, 2004 at 4:22PM