home > bookspace > my comments > comment: deception point /
Deception point
Dan Brown
Adult Fiction BROWN

Comments  Summary  Contents  Excerpt  Reviews  Author Notes

Avatar for becomethecatalyst becomethecatalyst said:
Although not part of the Robert Langdon Series, still a decent supsenseful thriller this one instead of focusing on symbology is more on the subjects of science & politics. a fairly decent read.
posted Apr 7, 2011 at 9:16PM
I liked this book. I liked that it had lots of hard science as opposed to the religious and symbolic mumbo jumbo of some of Brown’s other books. If you can live with his annoying habit of ending every other chapter (of over 100) with a cliffhanger you’ll enjoy it. It is a fast read.
posted Oct 3, 2010 at 8:06PM
Kendall said:
Great book! I couldn't put it down, I wanted to know what would happen next. Lots of mystery and excitement!
posted Jul 18, 2010 at 2:02PM
Kendall said:
posted Jul 18, 2010 at 2:02PM
NASA, after several embarrassing incidents that have done absolutely nothing to advance the exploration of space, has finally struck it big. Deep in the arctic ice, scientists have found a meteor that contains fossils. And a big rock from outer space with fossils can mean only one thing: proof of ancient extraterrestrial life. Intelligence agent Rachel Sexton and oceanographer Michael Tolland are thrilled and eager members of the team sent by the President to validate the alien discovery. They’re taken on a whirlwind tour of the ice-cold site and presented with proof after proof by the equally excited NASA science team. And then, even as the President prepares to announce the news to a breathlessly-waiting public, doubts begin to set in. Soon Rachel and Tolland are running for their lives across the arctic landscape, desperate to separate fact from fiction. And the reverberations will shake the walls of NASA, the White House, and the top-secret National Reconnaissance Office. Talk about alien conspiracies! High tech thrills, military secrets, and cunning politics are just a few of the ingredients in this thriller from the author of The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons.
posted Jul 26, 2009 at 5:36PM
Dibby said:
I LOVE this author and this book! I couldnt find his two others but you should read them. "Angels and Demons", "Davinci Code". Anywho, this book was great! There's SO much adventure and he uses real life stuff and there is even a little romance! READ IT.
posted Oct 15, 2008 at 7:14PM
soapdish said:
I finished Digital Fortress (on tape) the week before I read Deception Point. I’d also read Angels and Demons earlier. (And the DaVinci Code well before that.) I felt this was the weakest of the lot. It’s still worth reading.
posted Sep 20, 2006 at 9:46AM
Hannah said:
This was a very interesting mystery. It was action-packed and it had an unexpected solution. It is about Rachael Sexton, daughter of Senator Sedgewick Sexton, who will most likely be the next president of the US, until NASA discovers a meteorite in a glacier in the Artic and Rachael is called to go there and confirm it's authenticity. One thing leads to another and there are many unexpected twists and turns along the way. But it got monotonous because I had already read Dan Brown's other three books. I liked it a lot, but all of his books are similar, even though they have very different plots. I would recommend this book.
posted Jun 29, 2005