home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the second summer of the sisterhood /

Brooke said:
I have absolutely fallen in love with these books! I loved the first one, and I loved the second one. I hope they continue to make these books into movies. There are some elements of the books that I dont' believe are necessary, but I love the plot and the characters, for the most part.
posted Oct 21, 2005
Lala said:
This is a great read. It was a little better than the 1'st book. You can really feal for the characters. Once you start, you need to finish, because you can't put it down. I'ts a little inappropriate though so I recommend it to girls 12 or 13 . Brief summary- 4 best friends find a pair of magical pants. The book tells about their summers and how the pants helped. (this sounds lame, but it's really not) READ IT, but after the first one, because then you won't get anything!!!
posted Nov 3, 2004
Amy said:
I really liked the book The Second Summer of the Sisterhood because there was more than one main character. It got you jumping from one feeling to the next, from different scenery to the next and to other people to the next paragraph. I loved how all of the girls had a certain faith in the pants to help them even if it seemed like they had a terrible time in them the last time they wore them. I also think that my favorite character was Briget because the author always gives her so much energy and I really like how it can make me feel like I have a lot of energy too. I also liked this book because there were so many things that could happen to the different girls that you were always excited and wondering. The only thing I didn't like was when everyone was feeling terrible and lazy. But I mostly liked this book and I think that you should read it!
posted Aug 7, 2004
Gina said:
I thought that this book was funny, sad, and satisfying all in one. If you read the first book, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, I think that you will like this one the same, if not more than the first.
Priyanka said:
This book is the second summer with the four girls, Bridget, Carmen, Tibby, and Lena with their pair of magical pants. These pants fit all the four girls perfectly even though they were different sizes. When the second summer vacation started they figured out that some of their friends were going on vacation, so again they decided to pass around the pants after using it for a couple of days, so that when the next person wears it, it would be like having their friend?s love and support with them.
Sara said:
I loved this book even more than the first one. I can't say it any better than the book jacket: "Ann Brashares has written a lovely, brilliant novel filled with strength and heartbreak, beauty and joy." I cried at several different points in this book; some happy, others sad. I recommend this book wholeheartedly to anyone who will listen.
Y said:
This book's not bad. It starts out slow, but after about 1/4 through you'll got into it. Oh, and Courtney, it's a little less "dull and stupid" than the first one, hopefully. :o)